My Splash Orpington Breeding Pen

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
The are photos of my Orpingtons I hatched from various eggs from Cyn, Julie, Chris and a couple of folks not from BYC.

The splash cockeral in this pen if from Chris's eggs. I am not too pleased with his comb but of the 3 splash cockerals i had to choose from he was the better choice for now. I do have a few other splashes growing out and maybe in the future I will swap him out for a specimen with a better comb. However, until recently, he was the lowest roo in the pecking order from all the cockerals I hatched. I have noticed over the years the subservient roos don't develop a comb and wattles the same way the dominant cockerals do. I think I will see some big physical changes in him over the next few months as his male hormones rise and he understands he is the lead roo in this pen.

splashpen1.jpg

splashpen2.jpg

splashpen3.jpg

This splash girl in the middle is from Cyn's Suede and Velvet.

splashpen7.jpg

splashpen4.jpg

splashpen8.jpg

The 2 dark hens - easily mistaken by some folks as black but really very dark blue is from Julie's stock. One is from an egg fertilized by her mottled roo, Bama.

splashpen5.jpg

splashpen6.jpg

The blue girls in this pen have been laying sporadically for just over a week now. I am very pleased with this pen of pullets.

I really like the color of that splash cockerel. He reminds me so much of my Geronimo. Come to think of it, Geronimo's comb is not as big as I'd like it.
The lacing on that blue is too cool. I have a really dark blue in the brooder right now with some neat lacing.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Back
Top Bottom