My Splash Orpington Breeding Pen

Nice pen of birds. The splash looks a lot like his dad but better. His dad was on the leggy side but mixed really well with the hens I had him with.

Cant wait to see what you get
smile.png

Chris those blue hens from your eggs have great feathering! I love the heavy underside of soft fluffy feathers. It reminds of me of pantaloons! LOL

Your birds are just gorgeous. I love your roo, bad comb or not. I can see why you kept him. I hope he gives you all the right combs in chicks and his lovely coloring. I love splashes!

Quote:
lau.gif

Im sure the girls you have in with him have good combs and should have some babies that turn out good. Sometimes if it gets really hot their combs will flop to one side. I dont have that problem here because it stays relatively cool.

His comb is not great in that to me it doesn't look pointy enough and it is floppy in the front. It is not as large as any of the other orpingtons I have. But I suspect now that he is a lone roo in with those hens he is going to grow out in the comb and wattle. I also have to remember he is only about 27 weeks old and just a baby so far. He is huge too. He is bigger than Mosby.

splashcomb.jpg

It just isn't as nice as Mosby's comb.

blueorp2-1.jpg

Girl, are you gonna entice us with orpie pics all day. lol I love the splash and well Mosby is just gorgeous.
thumbsup.gif

I have started A new breeding program for blue laced red orpingtons and I am in need of some splash genes to keep them going does anyone want to help If they would I would return them with some eggs from the Deal go to bluehenhatchery.com to see myb birds.

Back
Top Bottom