Kentucky people

Pics

Rooky1

Hatching
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ky.
Come join in. I have been around the BYC for about 5 yrs. I am near E'town. Have about 20 chickens of various breeds. I like the look of the new board. Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Russ, i live at Fordsville which is about 30 miles on your side of Owensboro. i have several banties and some old laying hens and roosters. good to see some more bluegrass folks on here. i agree i like the new web site.
Lee

Hi I live near Benton KY in a little place called Sharpe. I have 6 barred rocks, 5 RI and some others. The total right now is 20 but I hope Valentines day my order will be here with a bunch more.
Moni

Hi there! I've been lurking for a while, preparing for the arrival of four chicks (White Rock, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, and Pigeon Rock, in 2 weeks). I live with my husband, 2 kids, and various pets in Louisville, where we've decided to just go ahead and make a mini-farm of our 1/8 acre lot
big_smile.png

Hillshouse--I grew up in Symsonia, not far from you.

I'm loving this forum and learning a lot. We're a little nervous about successfully raising our 4 chicks to adulthood... you'll probably be seeing questions from me popping up over the next few weeks!

hi there! my DH and i are KY transplants, we're in OH now. kind of like living on mars sometimes frankly.
lol.png

i'm from Lex originally, my DH is from the Vanceburg area. and my dad is from western ky, madisonville/hopkins county.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and wish all a Happy Holiday.

I live in Mount Eden and my boyfriend Alan, lives in Owensboro. And I work in Louisville.

We have several different breeds of bantams. My favorites are my polish, d'uccles, and sumatras.

We are here! We are transplants to Kentucky, from Minnesota. We have been here for just over 2 years. We are down by Russellville, KY in Logan County.

I'm not far from ya. I live on the ky/tn line. I work in Franklin KY.​

Have any of you Kentuckians ever heard of Olive Hill KY??? If so, please tell me about it.
Also countrygirl......could you tell me the best place on the eastern parts of Kentucky where the best place to find work.......and the best place to look for a farm style life for us and our chickens?

Olive Hill is not far off I64 east of Lexington, closer to Morehead (a college town). The area is economically depressed. there are a lot of small farms primarily raising cattle and tobacco. For a full-time job you would be looking at driving to Morehead or Maysville or possibly Mt. Sterling. Olive Hill has a State park (Carter Cave) which may provide possible employment depending on what you are looking for. It would definitely afford you rural living where no-one would complain about your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom