Kentucky people

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Rooky1, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Rooky1

Rooky1 New Egg

Jan 11, 2007
    Ky.
    Come join in. I have been around the BYC for about 5 yrs. I am near E'town. Have about 20 chickens of various breeds. I like the look of the new board. Russ

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  2. kentuckyroo

kentuckyroo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2007
    fordsville ky.
    HI Russ, i live at Fordsville which is about 30 miles on your side of Owensboro. i have several banties and some old laying hens and roosters. good to see some more bluegrass folks on here. i agree i like the new web site.
    Lee

3. hillshouse

hillshouse Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hi I live near Benton KY in a little place called Sharpe. I have 6 barred rocks, 5 RI and some others. The total right now is 20 but I hope Valentines day my order will be here with a bunch more.
    Moni

4. derbychick

derbychick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2007
    Charlestown, IN
    Hi there! I've been lurking for a while, preparing for the arrival of four chicks (White Rock, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, and Pigeon Rock, in 2 weeks). I live with my husband, 2 kids, and various pets in Louisville, where we've decided to just go ahead and make a mini-farm of our 1/8 acre lot [​IMG]

Hillshouse--I grew up in Symsonia, not far from you.

I'm loving this forum and learning a lot. We're a little nervous about successfully raising our 4 chicks to adulthood... you'll probably be seeing questions from me popping up over the next few weeks!

5. chknbrdr

chknbrdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
  6. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    hi there! my DH and i are KY transplants, we're in OH now. kind of like living on mars sometimes frankly. [​IMG]

i'm from Lex originally, my DH is from the Vanceburg area. and my dad is from western ky, madisonville/hopkins county.

7. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone and wish all a Happy Holiday.

I live in Mount Eden and my boyfriend Alan, lives in Owensboro. And I work in Louisville.

We have several different breeds of bantams. My favorites are my polish, d'uccles, and sumatras.

8. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    We are here! We are transplants to Kentucky, from Minnesota. We have been here for just over 2 years. We are down by Russellville, KY in Logan County.

I'm not far from ya. I live on the ky/tn line. I work in Franklin KY.​

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Have any of you Kentuckians ever heard of Olive Hill KY??? If so, please tell me about it.
    Also countrygirl......could you tell me the best place on the eastern parts of Kentucky where the best place to find work.......and the best place to look for a farm style life for us and our chickens?

10. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Olive Hill is not far off I64 east of Lexington, closer to Morehead (a college town). The area is economically depressed. there are a lot of small farms primarily raising cattle and tobacco. For a full-time job you would be looking at driving to Morehead or Maysville or possibly Mt. Sterling. Olive Hill has a State park (Carter Cave) which may provide possible employment depending on what you are looking for. It would definitely afford you rural living where no-one would complain about your chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by