KolleysKocks

Hatching
Feb 5, 2024
I’m located in Kentucky and have been on a serious search for a new beautiful breed to start breeding. I haven’t had much luck though in finding new breeders to befriend and do business with. I’m not particularly looking for a rare rare breed but something new to bring around my community. My dream would be to find some red shouldered Yokohamas but it’s looking like those are on the ultra rare side of chicken breeds. I’m open to discussing any other breed right now and would appreciate any guidance I can receive from my fellow chicken lovers :)

I'd suggest looking further afield, if you want to bring something new to the area. There are many breeders of high quality who ship chicks or hatching eggs, so you would need to find the breed club online and work your way down the list.
In some cases, it may require a drive... or going to a poultry show. There's a big one in Ohio every year that people always mention when it comes to buying good stock. Sounds pricey but likely the most direct and easy way to start with quality.

Back
Top Bottom