Extremely small keet?

Mangle

In the Brooder
May 10, 2020
We bought a small group of Guineafowls about a week ago, all is going well aside from one keet. He seems extremely small compared to his siblings, and also a bit weaker and sleepier? I have seen him run around with the others and interact, however he's the first to lay down again. Is this something to be worried about? Pictures below:
1000022067.jpg
1000022065.jpg

Is it eating and drinking normally? It is not kept away from food by the others?

I had a duckling like that which seemed fine but stayed smaller and was less active than the others, feathers developed later. It died most likely from heart/lung failure or related oxygenation problem after a few month. It might be something similar / a birth defect of some sort slowing growth. Not sure if that is the same or what can be done about it if it is, but that is what it reminds me of.

edit: unless a different breed/mix was in the bunch, that is normally smaller?

Is it eating and drinking normally? It is not kept away from food by the others?

I had a duckling like that which seemed fine but stayed smaller and was less active than the others, feathers developed later. It died most likely from heart/lung failure or related oxygenation problem after a few month. It might be something similar / a birth defect of some sort slowing growth. Not sure if that is the same or what can be done about it if it is, but that is what it reminds me of.
He does usually eat and drink yes! The others haven't given him any problems thankfully, he's just a bit more slow then them

Back
Top Bottom