What are my chances of getting show quality

You could probably buy 1000 from a hatchery and still not get a SQ one...sorry.
hmm.png

ETA: Although if it's just for FFA or something you could always give it a shot.

Last edited:
Your chances are VERY slim especially if you want Sebrights. I only ordered six, got 3 roos and 3 pullets, and maybe 1 of each sex is fairly nice.

Here are some pics of each roo just see get an idea:
P1010035-1.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010020.jpg

Sorry if their tails are a little ratty, these were taken a few weeks ago and they were losing a few. They've filled out a little more. Also, you might be in luck, the roos in the first and third pic are for sale, though you probably wouldn't get far in the show. These guys have faults, but I guess thats whats expected from hatchery quality.

Here is a pic of one of my pullets, I think I was lucky to get her:
P1010122.jpg

She does have a bit of "smutt" on her tail(specks of black) which is not favorable. OH almost forgot, I ordered these guys from Ideal Hatchery.
big_smile.png

You would surely have a MUCH better chance of a nice seabright from someone here who breeds SQ ones...or check eggbid.com.

It would be likely that you will have to spend about $50 or more for a nice pair...plus shipping unless they are close enough to pickup.

You can try the Sebright club of america. There are couple phone numbers for contacting them. I haven't been able to find a website for them.

One number is on this site along with lots of pics.
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Sebr/BRKSebrights.html

You will have to scroll down to find it, but there is a different number on this site.
http://www.poultryhelp.com/link-breedclubs.html

If you can find the right breeder, you may be able to get great birds at a low price. Especially for a young poultry lover.

Good luck,
Matt

i bought these last fall at a chicken trade in ohio they were exellent show quallity they died a couple of weeks ago they froze it crushed me im going to find that guy again in the spring and get another rooster and alot more hens.
13569_show_sebrights.jpg

Back
Top Bottom