Abraham's oh so happy birthday present!!!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
My middle son is turning 9 on the 21st of this month. One of his big dreams is to have a snake of his own....not one he has to share with me.
smile.png
Anyway, a few days ago a friend told me her niece and her boyfriend are having to sell their male/female mated pair of Ball Pythons. Soooooo, needless to say, they now live with us. We got both snakes, the cage, a separate feeding cage, all their accessories, etc. for $125!!!!
th.gif
we could NOT pass up a deal like that!!!!!
smile.png

His favorite series of books (Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan) has a character named Evera, he is a snake boy. So, he named the male Evera and the female Eve. They think the female may already be pregnant, so cross your fingers for us.
smile.png

Here he is with his new babies.
smile.png

Here they are in their hidey. Eve is curled up under it and Evera is poking his head out on top of her.
2.jpg

The moment of seeing them:
1.jpg

Him holding them. Evera is crawling up his face and Eve has her head on his shoulder.
3.jpg

Last edited:
th.gif
love.gif

Lol Christy that is to cute!!!!!!!

he is in all shock

and the snakes are crazy beautiful i just love it!
thumbsup.gif

and it's so cute how much he looks just like you LOL he looks just like you!

these are one of the best Birthday Gifts ever!

Happy Birthday to Abraham!!!
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

They are beautiful. But they make my skin crawl. I don't know why? I don't like to see them move
hmm.png

My mom and brother have snakes. I am glad I don't live at home!

Oh yeah... Happy Birthday Abraham!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.
smile.png
Yeah, I am just glad I like snakes....with 3 boys I would be in big trouble if I didn't.
smile.png

And yeah, Mark, he does look just like me. Kinda funny, my oldest and youngest have blond hair and light eyes....then there is Abraham.
smile.png

Lol to cute! there's always that one
smile.png

i am just loving this it's the best! i love snakes every thing about them i think everyone should have a snake or two...lol

LOL, me too. I am a HUGE fan of snakies. My husband, however, can't stand them!!! He is so good. He agreed to get them without putting up a fuss, went with me to get them, helped carry them in the house.....he is just a sweetheart.
smile.png
Wouldn't touch one to save his life, but he is good about us loving them.
smile.png

We had two Columbian Red-tailed boas until we realized that the bigger one which was 9 feet long, had been fed rabbits that were larger than my son who was born premature. We donated them to the ISU herpatology center after that. We will probably have more in the future but not until my boys are much bigger.

Ooooohh! Your lucky son! I am forever trying to convince my parents to get me a ball python... I almost had my mom convinced, too, after seeing an especially beautiful male in Florida...

I totally understand that, Buster!!! My kids were all preemies (my oldest 1 lb 14 oz) and even though they are all pretty big now, the larger snakes still worry me!!! LOL Of course, they are always babies to mom!!!
smile.png

Maybe they will let you some day, envirogirl.
smile.png
Ball pythons are not my favorite by any means....I am a kingsnake freak.
smile.png
But, this is what he wanted soooooo bad (well, or an anaconda and that obviously isn't gonna happen!!!)!!! However, I am quickly falling for these two.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom