Using food grade Diatomaceous Earth, DE?

teresac

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 18, 2009
Blairsville, GA
Anyone who uses DE, I would love to hear how you use it for your chickens, dogs and/or self. I have been reading and it seems like a no-brainer for my new flock of chicks. Where do you purchase yours? Any info would be great!
D.gif
I am an info junkie!! Thanks.

I buy it from Randall Burkey and from a local horse feed store. I mix it with the chicken food, I put it over the wood shavings in the coop and mix it in in their dust bath box too

Thanks! How much do you use? Just sprinkle it? As a Newbee to this...I had to google "what a dust bath is" lol. I got it now.

I too use DE. I just sprinkle in the coop, lightly dust the roosts and the nest boxes. On occasion I add a light top dressing to the feed.

My feed store has repeatedly told me they can and will get it in for me but so far it has been months of empty promises.
somad.gif
Makes me wish I had more options of who to give my business to for feed !!! So I have been buying online. Normally I buy a small bag on ebay as a little goes a long way really.

Julie
smile.png

10- 50# bags are $471.89 shipping included
This was the cheapest place that I found. I have not dealt with them. Anyone up for a phone call? 1-800-228-5836
Custom Feed Svcs. Corp.
Norfolk, Nebraska

Quote:
Again, put the price with shipping. Actually this link is pretty good, with shipping, it would be $42.53 delivered to me. They're using Fedex, cheaper than UPS.

Back
Top Bottom