OVA-Easy Cabinet Vs. GQF Sportsman

BigByrd24

Songster
11 Years
Nov 27, 2008
S.E. Kansas
Hi, I am looking into buy a bigger Bator, and I am thinking of one of this two.
barnie.gif
he.gif
What the different? Better hatching? I hope some of you great folks out there can help me make up my mind.. I know it will be tough but someone will be able to do it.
lau.gif

Thanks Tim

Both are very good, but the Ova is preferred by professional for its accuracy. The humidity system of the Ova is kind a expensive, but its very professional. On the other hand the humidity system of Sportsman is just a bucket on top of the incubator. I was debating between the two and somebody in this forum recommended the Ova over the sportsman and I am very satisfied. I've notice the Ova 190 is on sale. Check the Brinsea website.
yippiechickie.gif

Hi we Have had both, and the ova easy is gone, sticking with the qgf sportsman.
Had some troubles with the turner rod on the inside back of machine, this started with in the beginning of the second year of having and using it heavily, took it apart numerous times while in use, it would run then stick at the end of the turning cycle, no oil in the world would have helped, as the nuts on the end of the rod would bind up. called brinsea many times they would not help in any matter
somad.gif
. so i modified it to work properly, needless to say i got rid of it.

Also the magnets on the door of ova easy kept coming off as they are glue on with cheap glue, so i epoxied them on.
fl.gif

Now we purchased the ova easy when it first came out, so there may have been some recalls on the first models, the folks we purchased it from were the only dealers of it and they were on ebay and there business is in FL, they were no help as well., but brinsea was not in anyway willing to help in these matters and i told them i would never recommend this particular bator to anyone..

Dickie bators work as good as the gqf cabinets.

Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks you all.
thumbsup.gif
After a lot of
he.gif
I made my mind up.
th.gif
It is the Sportsman.
hide.gif

I got one order now straight from GQF.
droolin.gif
Thanks everyone
clap.gif
Tim

good choice, did you get the auto water? It's worth the extra $, that way you don't have to open the door until it's time to stop turning. And on a side note, the first one we got totaly paid for itself in less than 6 months by selling the chicks it hatched. The 2nd one was even quicker.

Steve in NC

Back
Top Bottom