I Have Crazy Chickens

kingmt

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
I think they are a little crazy anyways. They have only been laying for 5 weeks but the first two weeks anything they found round like walnuts, rocks, concrete, & anything they found that was close to the size of there egg they brought it to the coop & made a nest for it. They have stopped that but now when the one is in the nesting box which has no beading except for some cloth hardware to slow the egg as it rolls away, she will pick & pick like she is picking up nest & placing it but she has nothing to move. She will spending an hour getting her nest ready but there is nothing in there for her to move. I wouldn't care but there are others that prefer to use that nest & lay in the floor if they can't have that one.

Do you agree this is wired?

She may be getting in the mood, ya know a lil broody give her some hay! She may set on some eggs for you.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
She pecks any other chickens eggs & this is only the second egg I have gotten from her. At least I think. She laid a blue egg today & I have only had one other blue egg since they have been laying.

I wounder if she may be a egg eater but I never find remains of an egg & I gather often.

Back
Top Bottom