the edge of insanity
What do you think? Roos or pullets? 5 weeks old
SLW:

29942_img_5283_head_slw.jpg

No tail on my EE yet.

29942_img_5288_no_tail_white.jpg

And my two white EE's

29942_img_5291_whites.jpg

My screen name should be impatient nelly!
gig.gif

eta: new title

Last edited:
None of my EE's have any noticeable big combs. I just have 2-3 SLW who looks like the one pictured. All the feathers seem to be round though...
Here is a picture of that head shots' back. Hope it helps.

29942_img_5275_back.jpg

I have one slw and one glw both getting reddish combs and wattles. Out of six these two are the most developed - looks like yours same age. All 6 were sexed as pullets by hatchery. I was hoping the girls get the comb and wattle early on this breed.??? If anyone is pro at this breed let me know, or I have two roos to.

Hi there! I'm beginning to be suspicious of the SLWs, too. They may be trying to confuse us all
big_smile.png

I have 3, all sexed as pullets by the hatchery, and all have combs and wattles. They are otherwise the henniest-looking girls, but there are their red combs and wattles.

Seems unlikely that all three were sexed wrong.

Hmmm. This seems to be at least one variation of the breed. I'm NO EXPERT, btw. This is my first experience owning SLWs, but I wouldn't cry "ROO!" just yet . . .

I'm pretty attached to mine, so I'm crossing my fingers that they just develop earlier sometimes. The pictures I've seen of mature SLW hens have quite impressively large, red wattles and combs (not as large as the roos, of course) and they have to develop some time . . .

Anyone else out there with pullets whose combs and wattles developed early?

Anyway, to answer your question, your SLW looks more like a pullet than mine do. For what that's worth
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom