*new pic *Still undecided on my SLW & EE's

Katy, thanks! That is some great coloring on your pullet! You say they are about 6 weeks old? All I know is that I have 2-3 that have a rose comb and the rest (7 total) have a single comb, one bigger than the others, but the others not far behind.
Thank you for responding. I keep waiting for the crows!!!
big_smile.png

Mine started getting a red comb and wattles when it was about 1 1/2 weeks old. So Im thinking Roo. Plus very aggressive towards other chickens.

Well this chicken has round feathers on the neck and tail. mines about 7 weeks old right now

I posted pictures before and got the roo response. So Im sooo confused.

24162_biscuit_5-22-09.jpg

So I dont know what to tell you, I think its a conspiracy.

Last edited:
Mine were born about mid April 12th I think. So, they will be 7 weeks this weekend I think. I just can't believe that I'd get so many 'roos' if that is the case. WE'll see..

My SLW developed her wattles and comb earlier and they are redder than other breeds I have. She looked just like "sock pockets" picture and is definitely a pullet
hu.gif

Maybe this will help you:
Gritsar wrote:

For future reference:

According to UC Davis Veterinary Care Program.
2. Physical Characteristics (4-6 weeks of age)
a. Comb – The cockerels comb is medium size and pinkish, the pullets is small and yellowish.
b. Legs – The cockerel’s legs are sturdy and long, the pullets are finer and shorter.
c. Tail – The cockerel’s tail is stumpy and curved, the pullets is longer and straight.
d. Back – The cockerel has a thin line of stub feathers down the center of his back, the pullet has more advanced feathering along the center of her back.
e. Side of neck, flank and crop – The feathering in the cockerel in these areas is poorly advanced, the pullets feathering in these areas is well advanced.
f. Wing bows – In the cockerel the wing bows are bare, in pullets the wing bows are covered with small feathers.​

I don't know much about wyandottes but aren't they supposed to have a rose comb? If that's the case I vote pullet on your picture.

I have 3 chicks that I think are BO and wyandotte crosses and 1 started a really pronounced red rose comb at 5 weeks. Now at 10 weeks, its huge compared to the other 2, which still look a lot like your chick.
23831_p5140189.jpg

Back
Top Bottom