A Bird Swap Meet Every Week! For Central KY

HobbyChickener

Songster
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
central KY
I just found out tonight that there is a bird sale / swap every week about 20 minutes from my house! This is HORRIBLE!! I will never have a free second now I am going to have to build more and more Coops!!!

It is at the Junction of Hwy 480 and Hwy 61 in Shepardsville, KY every Saturday morning. Come Buy - Sell - or trade any feathered animal you could want!

Hello neighbor !!!

I live about an hour from Sheperdsville, but go maybe once a month. I live closer to Shelbyville. Where are you, and what do you raise?

Yolonda

Hey Wylde

I am in Nelson Co. You go to the swap meet that often or just Shepardsville? I have a several different kinds of birds but not very many of any one. I was going to go to the swap meet today but it didn't work out, probably a good thing being I don't have any room right now anyway. What do you have?

There's one that close to me?! Can you give more details? (Location, time it opens, etc?)

Maybe I can make the trek down there one weekend and find the Americauna chicks I'm looking for!

Go to Map Quest. It is at the intersection of Hwy 61 and Hwy 480 on the south side of Shepardsville, KY. I believe that it is every Saturday from about 8 until noon. It is right next to the Bullit County detention center, so don't wear orange, LOL! I would say you could find what you are looking for there.

I posted what I have on where are you/where am I. What do you have? I am always interested in swapping. I go to Sheperdsville swap maybe once a month. I work every other weekend, so makes it harder to get there.

I also have cousins in Nelson county. Rogers & Inmans.
My uncle used to have a place on Melody lake. _ Kenny Rogers.

Jennifer, Am getting ready to email you - re ameraucanas.

Last edited:
I have been to that sale/swap NUMEROUS times. That is where I got my first White Cochin Bantams, years ago. Been going for years, sometimes there are decent birds there. The best poultry sale/swap I know of is in Crossville Tn. There are usually around 10,000 birds there. Almost anything you want. Its a long drive but its been well worth the trip when we go. There is also a HUGE HUGE fleamarket where they do the sale/swap as well.There is also a sale/swap every Tuesday in London at the stockyard unless they stopped doing it. And every Wendesday or Thursday there is a sale/swap in Lietchfield.

~Casey

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello fellow Kentuckians,

Don't forget there is a poultry show on Saturday Oct 27th at the Boyle County Fairgrounds in Danville, KY. I expect between 500-700 birds.
Last weekend at the Green River Poultry Club annual fall show in Brownsville, KY (Mammoth Cave) we had 775 birds in the show and many, many vendors set up outside selling.

The Bluegrass Poultry Association show in Danville typically doesn't have as many vendors selling, but the birds are much healthier than most swap meets.
Be careful what you bring home from a swap (or anywhere) Segregate it for at least 2 weeks from your other birds, a month would be better.

Matt John
Winchester, Kentucky
www.shadylanepoultry.com
www.poultrymansupply.com

That is a lesson I learned the hard way!!! Now I have an area for this purpose away from all the other birds, and I feed the new guys last.

So, give us a few results from the show Matt. I know you won something if not everyhing! LOL! You have some of the nicest birds at the show, always up on champion row!

Yolonda

Well hello Matt, nice to see you found this place as well. Didnt get to make it to the Green River show last weekend but I will be at the Bluegrass show this weekend. Hope to see you there.

~Casey

Back
Top Bottom