Simple Chicken Salad

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
My husband asked for a 'simple' chicken salad. He further clarified a very basic chicken salad. Which meant he didn't want the apples and craisens and walnuts in it.

I had the last of the chickens we had processed in the roaster so that I could pick the meat and can another batch of broth. I picked out a good portion of tender chicken and chopped it.

I made a cup of my homemade mayonnaise .

mayo3.jpg

I also boiled up a few of my little pullet eggs.

salad2.jpg

Chicken, boiled egg, mayo, salt, pepper, chopped celery and onion, garlic powder. Simple egg salad just like he asked.

salad1.jpg

I served it on pumpernickle bread with lettuce and tomato. It was really good along side a steaming bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup.

salad4.jpg

It was really good! Our chicken, our eggs and my own mayo! Yummy!

Have I shown you my mixing bowl?

salad3.jpg

I found these at Ross with matching square plates. Love them!

I'd ask you to adopt me along with everybody else on this board that reads your recipes....but I think I'm older than you so that would just be weird.
hmm.png

I'm going to make your chicken salad just like you did...only with canned chicken and store bought eggs because that's all I have. My girls are way too puny still. I'm going to go feed them more..
smile.png

Mmmmmm! Looks tasty.

Do you put up your own pickles?

My chicken salad (and egg salad, tuna salad, potato salad, cole slaw, etc.) *MUST* have homemade sweet pickles.
Simple chicken salad here is chicken, minced sweet pickles, minced onion, chopped boiled eggs, and mayo (usually Dukes, lol, rarely homemade) and lots of fresh ground black pepper.

Cute bowl!
Hubby gave me a set of 'rooster dishes' (no bowls, just dishes and a serving platter). I need to drag them out of the cupboard and start using them
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom