Bantams: Dutch vs. OEG

Here is a picture of an OEG roo. He is a Silver Duckwing.
stuff011.jpg

The OEGB have to be dubbed and they have a more gamey look to them. The dutch have white earlobes. The dutch are more loosly feathered and fluffy. When you see a good dutch and a good OEGB side by side, there seems to be a large difference.

Do the dutch start out with the white earlobes?

I had what I thought were OEG, but then I got to looking at some pictures online - they may be Dutch. They have the larger combs and wattles, I've a couple of roosters that are older (2 yrs) and their earlobes are turning white. The hens lay white eggs, but don't have white earlobes....

The dutch ear lobes turn white at about 2 months old. Alot of OEGB have white lobes but they arent sposed to. It is hard to describe the difference. If you go to the-coop.org and go to the message board, there is a dutch forum type thing, there is pics of the 2 breeds side by side somewhere.

Quote:
Thanks! I'm still out about my birds... I think I'll just post some pictures up here and get some outside opinions. I haven't dubbed my roosters, and I only have one or two that has some white on their ears (it's not completely white). They could be OEG x Dutch?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom