frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif

Up until a few months ago I had maintained this list daily but then a helpful person agreed to take some of the load from me.

Beth, aka Cityclucks is maintaining the current list and you can access it by going to the bottom od this page and click on the OKIE ROLL CALL link.

We actually are somewhere between 400 and 500 members although many of them are no longer active.
I have tried to save the lists I have had to my BYC page.

Beth's list is current. If you don't see your name on her list, please let she or I know and we will get it added.

To all newbies or first time folks here, just post on this thread to say hi and share a little about yourself.
You will be added to the OKIE ROLL CALL list.

CLICK HERE FOR THE OKIE ROLL CALL

-Nifty's Note: Please see the new thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=446269

Last edited:
Monty, thanks for adding me to the list! It's great to know where everyone is & since there's not a "arkansas" thread - OK border anyway...
smile.png
I think I'm in NW Arkansas tho! Heh, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out N S E W tho, as it's all new to me here!!

I have spoke with a few other people on another board and most of them did not know that there is a hatchery in OK just wanted to give everyone a headsup in cause you'll did not know either. If you are interested you can PM me for the name of the hatchery. small dad and sons type of place I have never used them so I can not attest to anything about them.

Okie, Production Reds are a hybrid cross. They are a large brown egg laying breed. They can be either a dark Red or some of them are kind of Cinnamon colored. Their eggs aren't real dark but range from pinkish to brown. I don't know what breeds are used to make the cross but I know Rhode Island Reds are involved.
Hope to see you at the show. I am having car problems and I am not sure when I will get there. Hopefully by one.
Monty

Last edited:
Hey Buckguy, I hope you're not still without electric. Okie said the generator wasn't working out for you
sad.png
I was thinking, why not list what all chickens everyone has on the okie list. It might help us when we go looking for something specific. Hope you're home soon!

Quote:
That is a good idea. When I put the list together it was to let each one know how many Okies are on here and to create a place where we could share any news, ideas, or try to find chickens or whatever from our Okie members.

I think I told you what kind of chickens I had on another thread but I will repost it here.
I have Buff Orpingtons, Production reds, Gold Campines, Welsummers, Andalusians, OEG Standards, a Cuckoo Marans roo from a great bloodline, (he needs some girlfriends) plus some crosses.
I am going to try and concentrate on three breeds this year. The others I keep will just be for eye candy and pets.
OK, after I said three I got to thinking, so it will really more like five.
Cutting back on the number of breeding pens I have is worse than dieting.
Monty

Hi all,
I love this thread....Love the Okies list!
Have a question for you all. Does anyone know of a chicken or poultry swap in NE Oklahoma? I used to go to an awesome one in north Tulsa, near the airport, but I guess it doesn't exist anymore. Anyone know if it just moved? It seems like there was also one near Adair (?) a few years back.
These swaps were great opportunities to meet people and get awesome birds. You could trade, sell, buy, whatever each person wanted to do. Let me know if any of you know of some that still exist around here. (Or, maybe we could create our own?????)
Thanks!
Ann

Ann - Sorry deary, I'm in the dark with the swap meets.

Buckguy - You know, I guess I could just list mine in my signature like everyone else *ha* I have a bantam Dark Brahma pair, bantam Light Brahma, Black Silkie, a Barred Rock mixy named Rhuby, and a pair of standard Buff Orpingtons.

Quote:
The biggest poultry auction ( don't know of swaps) up there) is between Chelsea and Inola. It is called Chupp's Auction and they do have a webpage.
Mary's swap meet in Midwest City has poultry.
They are planning a poultry auction for East Oklahoma County but it may be awhile before it takes off.
Monty

Quote:
So what are your favorite breeds? Bantam or standard? What kind would you want Santa to leave under the tree this year?
Monty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom