Open Contest 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Farthest Shipped Eggs!

This contest is for eggs set to hatch for this year's hatch-along, so let us know if you get some.
Im ‘planning’ to breed in May after our vacation. I always like to breed in spring the natural time of the year for birds to nest 🪺 for offspring. Spring is also a perfect time here in NL with nice weather for a broody with chicks growing up.

I will go to a breeder myself to pick up some hatchery eggs. Distance approx 15 km/10 miles. Not contest worthy. But this way I don’t get scrambled eggs or eggs that take a long time to get over to my place.

Last year I found the egg-sellers (hobbyists) through our Marketplace. A kind of Craig's list.

How far will your easter chicks travel even before they hatch? Shipped eggs come from far and wide, how far did your eggs travel just to be a part of the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along? Enter this contest by submitting the shipper's zip code and your zip code - we'll do the math to calculate how far they traveled.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread. All eggs shipped for the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along are eligible, but to be eligible for a prize, you must enter the hatch-along too.

Prizes - TBD

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Post your zip code and the egg shipper's zip code in this thread. If you aren't comfortable posting your zip code here in the forum, please send me a conversation instead, and be sure to include "Shipped Eggs Contest" in the conversation title.
  2. Open to all BYC members participating in the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along.
  3. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  4. The contest stops accepting entries on TBD, 2024 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.

If you have not joined the fun in the 15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along thread, please drop by and say hello here!
My chicken eggs travelled from QLD to NSW,
4411 to 2758
Hatch due in 21 days! 🤞🏻
It was a provoked broodiness too- before Winter starts!

So far this year I have ordered 5 batches of shipped eggs 🤯 Somebody stop me!!! I’ll message my zip codes. I don’t think I’ll be a contender for first place, but this is a fun contest!

Sure! I'll message you with the zip codes :)

I used a quick tool to check because I was curious, and distance by land transport is almost 3000 miles :eek: As the crow flies is about 2500.
Zip codes?

Back
Top Bottom