Georgia Here Too !!!!!

leslie0815

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
I am in Georgia, I live near Augusta.
I raise OEG Bantams, NSQ Silkies,Standard Barred Rocks, I also have several other breeds that will be ready in the spring:
Indian Runner Ducks
Muscovey Ducks
Khaki Campbell Ducks
Buff Polish
Silver laced Polish
Bantam Cochins

Thanks for reading

I too am from Georgia. The confusing part is that my name is also Georgia. I live just north of Perry. I have Standard Cochins in black and splash and Dark brahmas (these are mostly for eggs when they start laying). I also have 2 Serama hens and a Serama roo. The hens just hatched 11 chicks a week ago. I also have silkie and white crested khaki polish bamtam eggs in the incubator due to hatch next Friday. I just got into chickens this past summer so I'm still new at it, but I've caught the fever. I'm sure more are in the future.

Georgia:D

Hi everyone,
Coastal Georgia here.... I'm in Ludowici about 40 mins south of Savannah. I've lived here about 3 years
and we decided this is where we want to stay.
I have...
4 Buff Orps
1 Partridge Cochin
1 Prod. Red
1 buttercup Roo
1 OEG Roo
1 Spitz Roo with his 5 girls
3 EE's, the Roo was taken by a dog a couple weeks ago:(
1 BTW Roo with 1 girl
The idea was just a few laying hens, I had no idea how many diff breeds there were.
I hope to get mates and girls for the ones I have now but who knows.........

My name is Alma and I'm a chickaholic (Thanks to BYC)

Yet another Georgian - I am from Dawson County in North Georgia.

We have:

Barred Rocks
Rhode Island Reds
Silkies
Bantam Game
2 Tyson chickens that fell of the chicken truck on the way to the plant
Royal Palm Turkeys
Peafowl (India Blue Pied and White)

And - two goats that happily live with the chickens (Nigerian Dwarf and Pygmy).

Sharpsburg, GA here. It is about 45 minutes south of Atlanta. I am expecting my first peeps the week after next. We have been working on the hen house/brooder for a couple of weeks now. I can't wait!! I'll post pictures later.
smile.png

St George here, in Charlton county. All the way down at the bottom of the state, right between Folkston GA to the N, and Macclenny FL to the S. FL is only a mile away to the E too!

We're just getting started with chickens. The babyies are almost 2 weeks old. Of pullets we have

2 Buff Orps
2 Ameraucanas
2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
1 each of RIR, Leghorn, Black Australorp & barred rock
(We were going for a pretty assortment of eggs)

and 6 roos of undetermined breed (but they look like they might be barred rocks too). I'm in the process of finding a home for them (they were those ones added for warmth.)

This is a great forum. I'm learning a lot here!
big_smile.png

Gainesville, Georgia about 60 miles north of Atlanta and located at the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains! Love those mountains!!! I raise bantam ameraucana.....blue egg layers and I am a member of the ABC....Ameraucana Breeders Club. I love chickens! Had some all my life.........and probably will have them til the day I die. Hope I do! Johnny

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
You go rhodiegal! I am having a good laugh about the Tyson chickens wondering the highway. Been there and done that before many times. In my day I guess I have rescued quite a number from the highway that fell from the trucks while on the way to slaughter. Any wonder why we run across them from time to time wondering about............Gainesville is the poulty capital of the WORLD!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom