New- bought a HOVABATOR INCUBATOR 1602N & AUTOMATIC EGG TURNER 1611

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
So I have been stalking and reading for 3 weeks. Have loved the pictures shared here and jumped in with an incubator of my own.

I have 12 Silky eggs on order and should have them by mid to late week.

We are in the middle of a contract on a new home, will have just shy of 3 acres and hubby building me my coops and runs.

Any suggestions or hints for this set up and this first hatch would be appreciated.

Shellie

You'll want to run your bator for at least 48 hours prior to setting your eggs. Just to make sure your temps are holding and your humidity is right.

Congratulations! I love Silkies........

Walmart 6.50 get a Hygrometer....

36033_hygrometer.jpg

calibrate it before using it

1/2 cup salt
1/4 water
stir good

place in zip lock bag, and next to that cup place the hygrometer SEAL IT

leave for 12hrs..at the end of the test should read 75% if not your gonna have to add or subtr. the difference in it.

mine is 8%off on one and the other 15% off...so I add the difference to the readings when I read them.

Thank you both. I am going to WM tomorrow, where can I find the Hygrometer? Will be setting everything up tomorrow afternoon and letting it settle in before the eggs arrive.

Hardware area, look to see where they have the thermos to keep temps outside...in that area...SPRINGDALE is what most use like in my picture above....bump us if you have any questions.

Im in Texas, so central time....best to reach me here
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom