Make me feel better- show me your eye-sore coopsadded pics-page 5

werecatrising

Songster
10 Years
Jul 4, 2009
California
Ugh... I am NOT a carpenter.

When I first bought my chicks I bought plans for the pallet coop from MPC. I had plans of building a beautiful coop and painting a mural or something on it. Well, I have no upper body strength and had a heck of a time breaking the pallets apart. I started looking to buy a coop. They seem to be so expensive. The cheapest I found was the chik-n-hutch witch looks like it fall over if I looked at it too hard. I managed to get enough boards apart to build two solid floor pieces. I decided to build from the pallets and whatever I had lying around the house. My coop is turning into a hideous monstrosity of ugliness! I am not having an easy time. I have never built anything in my life. On top of that I am hobbling around with a sprained ankle. I SO want to be done. I'm hoping that as I get some money I can buy some lumber and fix it up a bit.

Anyways, excuse my whiny rant. I just wanted to get it off my chest and see if anyone had any ugly coop pics to share.

Last edited:
Sorry...my coop looks kind of nice...thats not why i posted though....dont call me stupid, but i'm just wondering what MPC is...i thought it might be a hatchery but I cant figure out which one at all!

MPC......my pet chicken...
my coop was already built in part of our 90+ yr old barn, I dont have any pics but its ugly but very functional. and the girls dont mind it at all!!!

Mine is from materials on hand, most of which were warped. Hubby's not a carpenter, but I can be with the right materials and tools, just wish I had real, unwarped lumber to play with
idunno.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=39532

20950_p1080203.jpg

here is are ol tabacco barn turned coop after a storm blew down thar far side its repaired noew but was rough for a while. they dont care it was home sweet home for them

18074_p8270130.jpg

Maybe one of these day's I'll get in there and paint over the pink primer. I was more concerned about the run this year than the coop.

Now you know why I hate pink.

Back
Top Bottom