Make me feel better- show me your eye-sore coopsadded pics-page 5

werecatrising

Songster
10 Years
Jul 4, 2009
California
Ugh... I am NOT a carpenter.

When I first bought my chicks I bought plans for the pallet coop from MPC. I had plans of building a beautiful coop and painting a mural or something on it. Well, I have no upper body strength and had a heck of a time breaking the pallets apart. I started looking to buy a coop. They seem to be so expensive. The cheapest I found was the chik-n-hutch witch looks like it fall over if I looked at it too hard. I managed to get enough boards apart to build two solid floor pieces. I decided to build from the pallets and whatever I had lying around the house. My coop is turning into a hideous monstrosity of ugliness! I am not having an easy time. I have never built anything in my life. On top of that I am hobbling around with a sprained ankle. I SO want to be done. I'm hoping that as I get some money I can buy some lumber and fix it up a bit.

Anyways, excuse my whiny rant. I just wanted to get it off my chest and see if anyone had any ugly coop pics to share.

Last edited:
We are currently building a new coop but this is the little shanty my chickens have been living in. This was a hand me down coop from friends of ours. They built a bigger one so we inherited this one. My dh and ds built the run. Pretty nice, huh
wink.png

31216_chicken_coop2.jpg

31216_chicken_coop3.jpg

31216_chicken_coop.jpg

31216_chicken_coop4.jpg

Well, I guess mine is ugly, but functional and mostly FREE!
32018_coop14.jpg

32018_coop12.jpg

32018_coop13.jpg

I have it split in half sorta. There's two pens outside and I put a door inside so I could seperate my silkies.
32018_coop13.jpg

This is the sillkies side
32018_coop1.jpg

This is my cochin, EEs and one silkie side.
32018_coop4.jpg

32018_coop5.jpg

Sorry...my coop looks kind of nice...thats not why i posted though....dont call me stupid, but i'm just wondering what MPC is...i thought it might be a hatchery but I cant figure out which one at all!

MPC......my pet chicken...
my coop was already built in part of our 90+ yr old barn, I dont have any pics but its ugly but very functional. and the girls dont mind it at all!!!

20950_p1080203.jpg

here is are ol tabacco barn turned coop after a storm blew down thar far side its repaired noew but was rough for a while. they dont care it was home sweet home for them

Back
Top Bottom