Working on a new Coop. Almost there....

Pokes79

Songster
10 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Hey guys. I am working on my new coop. I used "The Blue Coop" by CityGirlintheCountry on this site. It looked easier than it actually is. I'm about 75% complete. I need to finish the front and the roof. What do you think so far?
dscn1598j.jpg

dscn1599k.jpg

dscn1601j.jpg

I love it! Good job! I hope I never gotta build another one. I'm pooped!
th.gif

Oh, yeah, please do post your finished picts!
caf.gif

Hey great job. Maybe a little out of square but I bet the eggs taste just as good. Don't mind me, I'm a builder so I tend to see those kind of things. Keep up the good work.

Love the coop ! Does that whole back open for cleanout ?? That's a neat idea.
My DH and I are on coop #2...NOT because he can't control his desire to build, build, build ! LOL I can't control mine to add, add, add chicks !
Ours is 8 x 8 this time. Has a 6' front roof that slopes down to a 4' back wall. I can't memember the name...saw it at Lowe's....sort of rippled plastic/fiberglass ??? was $19.99 a sheet..about 4 x less then 8'. Came in red, that's what we're using, black and think dark grey. Uses special nails with rubber grommets..about $10.00 for a box. Then they sold the rubber end caps to plug up the ripples...pkg of 4 about $11.50. Sinice our roof slopes we won't need ridge cap. Pricey but will be quick...I hope. Will post pics when done.
Liz
Rochester, MA

Definitely not square, but not as bad as the picture looks. It is on a slope in the yard, so it looks worse than it actually is
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom