Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
This a thread for Showing your chickens from IDEAL POULTRY HATCHERY
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Any chicken of any breed and any age, Go now, Post your Pictures
D.gif
jumpy.gif

frow.gif
tongue.png
smile.png
big_smile.png
wee.gif

Last edited:
Ideal Poultry is a hatchery -- so you should expect hatchery quality birds, not show quality. That said, I am happy with my birds from Ideal, and I plan to order more in the spring. I got brabanters, d'Uccles, and leghorns from Ideal last spring. Next spring I plan to get more brabanters and d'Uccles, and perhaps some ducks.

Just be realistic in your expectations!

The Buff Silkies were probably the worst quality of silkies I ordered from Ideal. Here is a picture....
12214_chick_1_on_perch.jpg

Also received BBS, Partridge and Red. Those turned out pretty nice with the BBS probably the nicest....
here is another quick pic
12214_our_silkies.jpg

Chickenonthehill...
Those are very pretty cochins.

I do like Ideal and will order from them again. I realize they are hatchery stock, but I do not need show quality --- only a utility chicken so to speak. I like their variety and the fact that they are within 2 hours from me!
smile.png

Ok, I am feeling bad for these silkies! LOL They are not all ugly. Not SQ either, but here is one of our Partridge hens.
12214_partridge_hen.jpg

Wish I had one of our BBS from Ideal. But here is one of our Greys from them. She was missing some of her top knot from her rooster.
12214_sushi_grey_silkie.jpg

Quote:
Yes, VERY ugly silkies! But their cochins are very good! A bit on the small side for standards, but a friend gave me a nice huge roo from a breeder to help sizen (not a word
tongue.png
) them up.

Back
Top Bottom