Any SHELTIES out there?

CelticMoon1

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
Dennis wants to meet YOUR shelties
big_smile.png

n503466433_1494116_6359.jpg

Now you're going to make ME cry! I had a Sheltie from 1991 until 2005. "Penut" was absolutely the best dog we've ever owned. She had a lot of skin problems, and breathing problems as well. She was colored the same as your dog too!

Last edited:
hugs.gif
, so sorry about your Penut! They really do have the cutest personalities - I have 3 at the moment (2 sables, one tri) and had one (sable) in the past too (1991-2003). I grew up with Collies and a Bernese Mountain Dog, but Shelties will always be my favourites!

RIP Lasey (the girl on my back). She crossed the bridge at the age of 8 due to cluster seizures that we couldn't stop. She was my doggy soul mate and I miss her very much. Angel the little petite girl in front was rehomed when I had my daughter. She was not good around little ones and Cowboy (the big boy with a wide blaze) was gotten to be raised as a helper dog for a handicap child. He was a perfect fit and has done very well in his role. I love shelties and I will eventually have another when the time is right.
Barbanddoggies.jpg

OMG....Katy sent me this thread, and I nearly cried when I saw it! You guys have absolutely gorgeous babies!!!! Oh you just made my whole night!

You just dont even know how much I adore Shelties. Heres my crew!

This was last summer, Punkin was just a puppy...

358729998.jpg

He was a monster!!

357014255.jpg

He's all grown up!

373479481.jpg

But he's still a monster!!

380529674.jpg

My "life dog" (they say you only get one) was a sheltie cross - "Breezy" - She would do anything I asked. If she didn't know what I wanted, she'd try things out till she got it right. Entered her in the "Ashely Whippet Frisbee International" contest in Milwaukee. She did great (but was up against real pros). She lived to 17 yrs. I still miss her A LOT!
Congrats on your new family member!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

frow.gif
When we got our 2nd sheltie in 2003 we were told that "Shelties ar like potato chips, you can never have only one". Well NOW I know, with 12 little pattering feet in tha house! The only shame though is that our tri, Emil, is really nasty with other male dogs (except our oldest, Isak), including my precious Dennis after he hit the 14 months mark, so they have to be kept separated
hit.gif
I'm still planning on getting another pup in a year or so though, but the 2 oldest will be living with my parents by then!

I love that they are so easy to train; Dennis does obedience and agility though we don't compete (I don't have the nerves for it!) plus I enter him in a few conformation shows every year.

It's so great seeing other BYCers who adore this breed as much as I do
wee.gif

I miss my Chatter. She was the most awesome dog ever. I really do want another someday, I am jut afraid that I would compare them and that wouldn't be fair to the 'new Chatter.' I lost her at the age of 14 years on Christmas. Congestive heart failure and cancer finally wore the old gal down.

Back
Top Bottom