Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Last edited by a moderator:
I am brand new at this. What is grit? Can it be something homemade? Also, doesn't the bright light bulb shining on them day and night hurt or damage their little eyes? (mine are 4 days old). Doesn't it mess up their sleep/wake cycle? They seem to be growing "like weeds," especially their little wing feathers coming out. Thanks, this is a wonderful website.

I know I have seen it here, or somewhere, before but I am looking for the temp you need to have at the warm end of the Brooder. I am a little surprised that it has not been added to the stickie to the top of this forum. sort of like it is such a simple device it sort of got overlooked. Might help avoid people having problems with there chicks if such information was as readily available as feeding them treats.

We are going to allow our hens to brood and raise the chicks. We have two roosters and 4 hens total, please advise if they would be accepted into the flock from very little or do they need to be separated? We have our old tractor we were going to use thinking this might be the case but need to know so we can move the brooding hen and the eggs. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom