Bucket-inator Bator

bahamas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Here it is finaly got it done not qiut finished needs some fine toning and itt'll be fishied and temp regulated by the weekend.

Things ull need

Old bucket chicekn wire
Lamp
Bucket top
Knife tape
Thermoter
small bowl with water

Ok star off with the bucket

24zkx1e.jpg

Put the lamp in the bucket

I put in an old oil ( incense ) lamp.

2le32uv.jpg

I put somechicen wire in here i put it 3 inches above the lamp. Before i put the wire in i put the cup of water beneath it near the small almp.
e5md1y.jpg

Put some carboard in to gap up the are that was not cover and the eggs will go there.

equkyb.jpg

( sorry for the crappy pics )

the phinihed thing. sorry for the badd pics. But there it is the bucket inator.

COOL!!! You going to hatch some hatian ones? I been looking now for photos on line but I couldn't find any. Hopefully you can hatch some for us to see how the look when they grow up! Good luck with your bucket-u-bator! Down by you it could work I think. Not to cold, plenty of humidity... can't wait to see!

ueah haitian plumed . I'mm getting adults and about three gegs to try out hatcing.

the tmperatur i would guess is between 89 and 97 . And verry high humidity. Whats the consequences for 2 much humidity ??

It reduces normal evaporation in the egg. Too much humidity can drown your babies, and can also cause omphalitis (mushy chick). This is when the umbilical cord doesn't fully heal and becomes infected. I've lost an entire batch of welsh harlequin ducklings to it, it is NOT fun. I'll never forget the smell of it either
sickbyc.gif

Edited: What kind of cup are you using? Maybe you can use something with less surface area?

Last edited:
kk will take some of the water out. I have quite some time to test the bator before chicks come.

you can do it! Yeah! I just love when people make their own and figure out a way to make it work... You probably don't have to add humidity where you live. I bet it is humid enough to try a "dry incubation" method. Use the Backyard Chickens search tool for dry incubation and read up on that. Maybe that will work for you.

ya'll thanx. I took the water aout and it still a little humid.Its a low amoutn but good enought o hatch chicks in. so i'll update u guys. I might go for haitian plumed eggs later.

Back
Top Bottom