Winter Snowman Block Swap: Got them! SENDING OUT MONDAY!!!!!

babymakes6

Gifted
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
far west Ohio
I was thinking-I would like to do a swap in time for Christmas of Snowmen. Would anyone be interested in participating? I am thinking of using whites/blues/frosty blues/silver colors and you use whatever pattern of snowman you like. I think it would be cute to have a mix of applique', pieced, embroidered, etc.
What do you all think: any suggestions?

If you are interested please leave a post and I will get a list started.

We will all do frosty blues/silvers/whites. I am hoping to have at least 12 people sign up, but the more that sign up, the more blocks we all get and the bigger our quilt!
wee.gif

1. We will each make 20 blocks.

2. Use good quality 100% cotton fabric Please do not use thin low quality fabric.
Please remember, these blocks may be used in a quilt that could be around for 100 years. So use the good stuff.

3. Each block is to be 12.5 unfinished size. NO Exceptions! Do your best work. ¼ in seam allowances are recommended to reduce the bulk when quilting.

4. Send the blocks to babymakes6 along with a SASE so your blocks can be returned. Do not use metered postage on the return envelopes. Use stamps on the return envelope, please, otherwise the post office may reject it.

5. Blocks are to be made and arrive to me no later than October 1st. With this late of a finish date there is no reason to be late. Blocks that arrive after the deadline will be returned unswapped.

6. ANYONE is welcome to join in this swap-beginners as well as experienced quilters. EVERYONE is expected to do the best job they can, however. For example-pieced blocks should not be more than 1/4" off at the seams. Please: if you sign up to do this follow through with it!.

7. If you use a red or dark material, please prewash it to reduce the risk of it bleeding onto the lights/whites!

8. Other colors may be used, as long as the main colors are the ones specified. In other words, reds may be used as an accent color (scarf, hat, etc.) only.

Thank you all for doing this it should be fun!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap.

If you have any questions or don’t understand what I’m saying please PM me.

I will have an extra special gift for the first person to sign up AND complete their blocks! I also plan to do a small gift for the first 10 people who sign up AND complete their blocks!
ya.gif
I made the deadline far enough away, because I don't do much sewing over the busy summer months, so there really should be NO excuses for someone to sign up and not follow through with it.

Have fun!

1-Babymakes6 DONE!!!
2-Patches-n-posies DONE!!! RECEIVED!#3
woot.gif

4-goldenluver DONE!!! #4

6-Ginbart DONE!!! RECEIVED!!!
7-Gingersnap6DONE!!! #6
8-1 Florida chickDONE!!! RECEIVED!!!#5

11-Paulsmuffen DONE!!! RECEIVED!
celebrate.gif
#1!!!
12-Baustin DONE!!! RECEIVED! #2!!!