Newbie In South Louisiana

Yogiman

Songster
11 Years
Feb 2, 2008
South Louisiana
Hi All,

New to BYC and just making contact. Have read with interest for a week now and decided it was time to get my feathers wet.

Not new to back yard chickens. Have been raising chickens for many years and feel like I still have lots to learn. Am into the heavy breed brown egg layers big time. Currently renovating the grounds makeing ready for a new flock to arrive next week. No time for pics just yet.

Currently have 11 Buff Orpington young hens but am expanding flock. Going to free range pasture flock with 6 different breeds.

Glad to be on board such a wonderful site with such a wonderful group of people.
wee.gif

Regards:
Yogiman:
big_smile.png

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am 70 miles due west of Lafayette just outside of Sulphur, 10 miles west of Lake Charles. Love Lafayette though. Lots of good friends there and wonderful people. Lots of good eating places there. Baton Rouge is just to much city for a country boy like me, IYKWIM.

LOL Believe me, you couldn't much more country than me, especially when we moved to B.R. I was scared to death to drive anywhere, but I got over it and learned to enjoy living in the South. Laissez lez bon temps rouler!

Thanks countryboy,

I have been enjoying your posts and your avator is some kind of cool. It reminds me of that rascal that stays in my garage.

Back
Top Bottom