6+ Black Java eggs $15

haTHOR

Songster
10 Years
Mar 28, 2009
Near Asheville, NC
i have a breeding quartet of black javas who are laying great. they are NOT hatchery stock--came from a local elderly gentleman named john tunstall who (i was told) spent 40 years on black javas. these birds came from him as chicks and i received them as pullets when the owner john sold to had heart surgery and could not keep up with his farm.

i can send out 6+ every three days or so, so don't hit buy it now, just reply and i'll start a list.
smile.png
i will send out on tuesday the first group. my girls lay almost every day, so i should have 6-9 eggs by then. i will send whatever i gather by then--i have 22 javas in the bator and do NOT need more.

here's a bunch of pics of my birds.
(please note: one of these pics includes a black australorp cross with white in hackles...this is not a java. also, i had just dusted with DE and it was sprinkling, so there are a few white bits on some of the feathers--my birds are pure black, not mottled).
http://picasaweb.google.com/uuffdre/Javas?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-v6KW8_ZXRTg#slideshow/5450581670922747458

the roo is a nice size but not enormous. his feet are BRIGHT YELLOW. one of the pictures shows that very well--the one where he is walking away from the camera. his shanks are black/slate. his comb has some frostbite damage as you can see, but otherwise perfect--he is built like a tank, he treats his ladies very well, and he is sweet as pie to me and my kids of various ages. two of my ladies are built like tanks and lay a large darker brown egg, while my best layer is smaller than they are, and lays a lighter brown, smaller egg. that smaller java has tied for "best layer" among all my girls, and has laid now for 21 days straight.

i have shipped to four folks, and all received eggs in perfect condition due to great packing. one egg was broken by the USPS slicing into a box, but no shipping errors on my part have occurred. so far, everyone has let m eknow that ALL eggs sent were showing veining and growth and development at various stages of incubation, so i am feeling good about what i am doing on my end! that said, hatching is up to you and hatching rates will vary. shipping is always a risk and i will do everything i can to reduce that risk but cannot control how the USPS handles eggs once they leave my hands.

roo
0319101805-01.jpg

0319101700-01.jpg

Last edited:
happy to add a few additional mixed breed eggs to your box too, with your order...from my java roo over my other hens. your choice of gold laced wyandotte (BIG eggs) x java, red sex link (great layer, sweet) x java, brown leghorn (excellent layers) x java, black australorp (HUGE eggs) x java, EE X java (one lays BRIGHT blue-green eggs, one a minty light blue green).

Last edited:
Hi ! I will take 6 black java eggs. If you could ship ASAP, since my brooder is a broody chicken, I want to get them going as long as she's broody. I have 3 broodies, two which are currently broody,and I think Betty Barnevelder is going broody also. This is great if you want to hatch, but not so if you want eggs
barnie.gif

Jen

big_smile.png
sure jenn! i will mail as soon as i get 6 then, if that is what you want? if so i can mail on monday, pretty sure, unless they go on total strike!
smile.png

will pm you with my pp address.
smile.png

jenn decided against the eggs, so I'll have 6 ready to go and will add whatever else I collect today for mailing tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom