Sweet PDZ

Bat Cave Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Bat Cave, NC
I had read on one of the forums that some breeders use Sweet PDZ to help control odors in the summer~~so I bought some.
However, theres a warning on the bag stating that if its ingested you have to "flush with water".
Have any user's noticed any negative side effect?

Do you normally apply it then cover it with shavings?
Thanks

I use it in my run without shavings. My girls free range, so about every 3-5 days I sprinkle a 2-3 handfuls around in the run while the chickens are out of the run. I have had no problem with it so far. My run is 10'x10'. I let them out about 7am and they go back in about 7 or 8pm. Of course, they are in and out all day long because I keep their water and crumbles in the run. Initially that was so they would learn to come back to the run. Now I see no reason to change that.

hu.gif
I don't know....thats the name written on the bag~~Sweet PDZ

I use it in my coop and run, particularly during rainy weather. The run got a little smelly, so I sprinkled it with Sweet PDZ, and it smelled better almost immediately. I've also used it in the bottom of nest boxes, before I put pine shavings in, and in my cat litter boxes, before I add the litter. I was using Stall Dry, but my feed supply store had trouble getting it, and TSC had Sweet PDZ, so I switched to that. Works well.

SallyF, I can't get either one but I am curious as to which one you liked better. I AM going to find this stuff!

I prefer the stall dry too. It is cheaper and works better. I can't get it around here anymore.
hmm.png
I called every feed store. TSC was carrying it, but then stopped. They only have PDZ.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom