What breeding projects are you working on or you want to work on.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where people could come and talk about what breeding project they're working on. Or if you would like to start a breeding project.
smile.png

Here is my project for this year and next year -
I have a pair of White Silkies X Sultan Bantams. Mr. & Mrs. Fluffy Puffy
big_smile.png

The hen is already laying, but the roo is only a few months old. I have a small hutch I will put them in once the roo is old enough to start breeding. Will post pictures ...
What are you working on?

I have a small flock of Delaware's I am working on, and am working on some Ameracauna/EE's for blue eggs for a friend. The Del's I have had for a couple years, and the Ameracauna hen with the EE's I have only had for a few weeks. Just learning the ropes on the Ameracauna's. Selective breeding stages on the Del's, but still a minimum of 2 years to go on them to be where I want them. Some days I just want mutt chickens
lol.png

I am working on trying to get some Dominiques up to standard. Started last year. I have more eggs in the bator now and hope to have some nicer looking chicks this spring.

I'm working on French Golden and Silver Cuckoo Marans. Have a nice pen of Delawares and going to try them with New Hampshires for sex links to sell and going to play around with my Partridge Rocks learning how to breed for more size and keep the great lacing that I have. I don't think I'm going to get bored just don't know how my patience will be
lol.png

Does anybody have any pictures of their breeding flocks?
Here is my future breeding pair -

The Mrs. -
47807_cocci23456789910_8.jpg

47807_fjdugjdickcjf_5.jpg

The Mr. -

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is Buttons, my super tiny Black Tailed White Japanese Pullet - when she starts laying I'd really like to get a small male for her!
big_smile.png

47807_dsc_0188.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have 4 Jersey Giants, 1 Blue Male, 2 Black Hens, and 1 Splash - all are looking quiet good so I'd like to get a few chicks from them when the pullets start laying!

Big Boy - Blue JG Roo ( He has grown alot since this picture was taken ).
47807_cocci23456789910_3.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_67.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_62.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_61.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_60.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_59.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_58.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_56.jpg

My older Black JG hen - Black Beauty --- >
47807_fjdugjdickcjf_8.jpg

47807_cocci23456789910_9.jpg

47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_88.jpg

My Splash Gal - She has also grown since this picture was taken.
wink.png

47807_dsc_0056.jpg

47807_dsc_0031.jpg

My splash and the younger black pullet behind her.
47807_ckdldivdoeocjkckckck_52.jpg

My favorite color is red, so all of my projects this year are red birds.

I have a batch of red frizzles, red silkies, and red-crested red polish. I'm aiming for red sizzles and red frizzled polish. Eventually I'm hoping to breed a nice line of red showgirls with my red silkies. I would also like some red partridge silkies.

I've had several other ideas involving breeding longtails into some of my favorite bantam breeds. Could you imagine longtailed silkies or longtailed seramas? First I'd like to experiment with my reds.

I've got a couple of projects underway. They'll keep me busy all winter. I'm working on blue barred bantam Cochins and what I am going to call "Shizzles"...I'm crossing Showgirls with true Sizzles to try and produce some Showgirl Sizzles...or Shizzles!
yippiechickie.gif

I know, I know...those poor little birds are probably gonna be soooooo ugly! But I'm sure they'll grow on me.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom