Last call for Easter Egger rooster Middle TN

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
Last chance for this boy before he goes off to be dinner.
He comes from a blue ameraucana roo and a white/buff EE hen. He is crowing and has figured out what girls are for. He is annoying the daylights out of the hens trying to practice. Give him another month and he'll probably be fabulous at making little EE babies. If I remember correctly, he hatched out in April. I'll have to go back and check though.

I am just outside of Murfreesboro. I am not NPIP, so I cannot ship him. The girl in the picture is a pure ameraucana from my line. She is for sale only if you take the little roo too. They are buddies and I hate to split them up. The pullet is at point of lay and I expect her to start laying sometime this fall. She is $15.

IMG_6888.jpg

Sigh. I am having the hardest time finding him a new home. For some reason my ugly or boring roosters go fast. This cool looking guy has stuck around for months. He's got about another week before he is off to the farmer.
sad.png

CityGirl, I LOVE HIM!! I love that red-shouldered splash coloring. . . and I hate that I still live in the burbs.

. . . mebbe if you can make space for him at your place I could "sponsor" him or something.
wink.png

Oh, I wish, Jenski! If I could I'd have a zillion little roos running around. They always have such fun personalities! Sadly, I already have a rooster in each pen. I have discovered that it makes the hens crazy if they have to put up with more than one. Then there is always the chance that the roos will have at it and hurt each other. As all four of my other roos are breeding studs, I just can't take that risk. The extra roos all have to go once they hit this point. I'm just hoping I can find someone to take him.
hmm.png

I know I'm trying to resist..I can use my splash Am rooster just fine as a back up to big Red my EE roo I have an extra wheaten but he's basically the same color as big Red but this guy is sure purdy I'm trying to cut back...I'm trying to cut back but with my black and white and a cinnamon blue it could get interesting
Oh LOVE the CL ad for him if anyone hasn't read it it's a great read!!

Which ad? I've done three now and no hits. People write in to say they loved the ad, but that they can't have a rooster. Sigh. He is doomed.
hit.gif

Holly, do you have any Gardner hens? I only hatched roos from their line and I would love some hens. My Riddick hens are nice, but small. I want to fatten the line up some. I do so love fluffy hen tushies.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom