The OHIO NATIONAL 2010

Neil Grassbaugh

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
The 2010 OHIO NATIONAL is now just two months away!

November 13 & 14, 2010 will be the date of this year’s OHIO NATIONAL Poultry Show.

Held at the state fairgrounds in Columbus, Ohio this is the largest annual poultry show in America. This year will be no exception since this is the venue for the 2010 National Meet of The American Bantam Association along with the national meets of several breed clubs. Last years show hosted 5,800 large chickens, bantams, ducks, geese and turkeys with out a headline event as popular as the ABA National.

Many BYCers attended last year’s OHIO NATIONAL and we welcome you all again. There was an imprompteu get together at the show hall and everyone seemed to enjoy meeting and visiting with one another.

So that all of you have the opportunity to enjoy the show with your BYC friends The OHIO NATIONAL will provide a table and chairs in the show hall just like a breed club would get for a national meet. This will provide a congregating point. The show will also provide name tags that will identify you as a BYC member.

Might we suggest that someone take up organization of the following;

Arranging for someone to be at the BYC table perhaps Friday evening and certainly Saturday morning to hand out the BYC name tags and to have the attendees sign in if they wish. That will allow everyone to see who is at the show that they would like to meet.

If someone will see to it that the BYC banner gets to me I will have it put up at the table and will onship it to the next point when the show is over.

If a meeting place is needed for everyone to get together I can arrange that. (I will try to get the BYC table next to the Buckeye Club table since there is much shared interest between the two.)

I will monitor this thread to try and pick up on the ideas people come up with so that we can provide what we can to make your trip to the show enjoyable.

378090178.jpg

I know this is early Neil but good luck and enjoy the show,Wish icould come over but Ive taken off too much time this year for chicken shows.. and please say hi to my neighbords the Faulkner family, they are coming over with around 200 birds that have won here and there.. They skipped twin tiers club show to rest the birds up for the Ohio show..

I received word today from Columbus that the Hilton Garden Inn (Headquarters Hotel) for the OHIO NATIONAL is now booked full.
The first alternate hotel is the Comfort Inn just 300yards away from the show headquarters. They offer a breakfast buffet and are also $89.00 per night for single or double room. You will have to mention that you are poultry show attendees to get this rate. For more information visit The OHIO NATIONAL website hotel page at-
http://www.ohionational.org/Hotel_Info/hotel-info.html
These are especially good rates since there is an Ohio State football game that weekend. That always draws a crowd to Columbus.

The BYC meet-up last year was great! We all got to meet outside for lunch, and I got to put a lot of faces to names. I'll be working at the Serama raffle table this year, and I'll be showing a couple of birds.

we just recently got 4 hens. 2 marans, a silkie and a dutch bantam. i am going as a spectator and probably bringing the kids with me. i wish i could have more than 4
sad.png

DH and I are planning on going, still discussing whether or not to enter.

really looking forward to seeing all the birds and stopping by the BYC table to say hi!
frow.gif

Hey Guys!! newbie here:) My family and I will also be going this year! This is our 1st major chicken show(the other was at a county fair) and I will be looking for some breeder quality wyandottes(possibly a rooster and a few hens?) I am really excited and cannot wait to see all those beutiful birds!

Last edited:
Quote:
The OHIO NATIONAL is hosting this years national meet of The Wyandotte Club of American. You are sure to see some good ones.

Quote:
we should catch a ride with you....we are about 12 miles away in Eastview. Lots of the hotels are booked so you might want to catch a room now if you need one.

Back
Top Bottom