Can I feed stuffing . . . with chicken broth in it?

austradork

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Seattle
Last night I chaperoned a group of international students at traditional thanksgiving buffet. There were a ton of leftovers, and let's just say I literally have 5 boxes of stuffing. I took so much because I was planning on giving some to our chickens for their breakfast . . . until my boyfriend pointed out that the stuffing most definitely contains chicken and turkey broth. Now I feel torn. I don't want to deprive them of a delicious treat just because *I* feel uncomfortable serving chicken broth to chickens. And obviously, they wouldn't even know. However, it does feel a bit wrong.

What would you guys do?

LOL, everybody loves chicken. Chickens included.

Mine LOVE chicken lo mein. They are not people. They will not be offended.
wink.png

Quote:
Unless it has a lot of salt in it I'd feed it to them. I'd be more concerned about the salt than the chicken broth.
Chickens can actually be quite cannibilistic so I don't think they'll mind a bit of broth.

Quote:
Unless it has a lot of salt in it I'd feed it to them. I'd be more concerned about the salt than the chicken broth.
Chickens can actually be quite cannibilistic so I don't think they'll mind a bit of broth.

X2

Let chickens enjoy Thanksgiving as well! They would enjoy most anything on the table, but refresh your memory by looking at the treat list on the board. You will find an empty container in short order.

Actually you could really pamper your birds: go with turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes + gravy, yams, green beans, cranberry sauce, olives, celery and pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream--they'd scarf down all of that
smile.png

My chickens ate leftover boneless skinless chicken & LOVED it.Everyone I told about it thought it was a little wierd....lol-They will also eat Turkey on thanksgiving!

All the above are correct.

If you will look at the ingredients in your poultry feed you will generally find it list either 'animal byproducts' or 'poultry byproducts.' Chickens are carnivores and do better with some animal protein: that includes chicken.

Back
Top Bottom