Broody??? Too Funny!! *PIC ADDED* Pg. 7

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
My want...no, my NEED for a broody is legendary on BYC.

My brahmas won't do it and the young girls - four different sometimes broody breeds - are too young.

But wait! In my juvie coop I have meatie pullets, 6 1/2 months old. They NEVER go broody. Less chance of them going broody than there is for my 2, nearly 3 year old brahmas to go broody.

This morning there was a meatie on the nest. I left her alone, didn't check underneath her because she sometimes just likes to sit on her nest. Didn't worry about her sitting there because I know that my layer pullets prefer other nests anyhow.

So now it's nightfall and time for me to close up the coops.

Meatie pullet still sitting on the nest. I decided to check under her since I don't like to leave eggs in the coop overnight. I wasn't going to remove her, just check under her.

She bit the living fire outta me!
ep.gif
Then she growled this awful growl.
hide.gif

A broody meatie! Can you imagine the # of eggs that girl could cover?!?

Silly meaties!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Teehee, be careful what you ask for - you might get a variation of it!
lau.gif

So, are ya gonna let her hatch?

Quote:
Think three dozen is asking to much of her?
lol.png

What would be even funnier would be to use some of her and her meaties sisters eggs. Their roo is a turken. Can you imagine what those chicks - meatie/turken Xs would look like?
lau.gif

Good lord.

You could start working on that featherless meat bird we keep talking about.

Quote:
lol.png

What would be even funnier would be to use some of her and her meaties sisters eggs. Their roo is a turken. Can you imagine what those chicks - meatie/turken Xs would look like?
lau.gif

Great, just great. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png

lau.gif

Great, just great. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

You're safe from naked neck zombie chicks Ranchy. I've watched my turken roo with these girls. He barely covers their backs, let alone gets under them tailfeathers.
lol.png

You and your meaties are having quite a journey. Hatch some of the turken/meaty X. The offspring would grow up partially plucked.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom