Shadow Paints foaling/kidding Thread.Twitch COLT pics pg 477!!

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Camera will be turned off on the 10th. we have no more critters due, time to breed the mares for next year! i will post pics as often as possible

Twitch is a 7 year old grey AMHR mare.her name is twitch for a reason.. she has a 'twitch' from an injury she got as a foal. she normally only does it when she carries her head high which she only does when she is nervous! she isnt happy about being in.. but im hoping she settles down soon. she is bagging up really fast, i feel with in the next week.twitch will likely be outside during the day

she will be blanketed till she is imminent. she is clipped and its still chilly!!

Please remember, while we welcome you into my barn, it is my barn my rules. i welcome calls with any concerns, and would much rather false alarms than a lost foal!!

we are very hands on with our foalings. if you see twitch down and pushing CALL!
our numbers are on the cam page!!
http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=shadow

i will start posting bag pics tomorrow
happy staring!! :p
Goats:
Harley 2/9 (150 day gestation) 2 bucks! named them Gizmo and peanut born 2/19 pics page 353 and pg 359
Cookie- 2 bucks 3/2! pics pg 392 and links to recording of their birth!
Tinker- Doe
Pie- Doe 3/18 pics 450

Mini horses:
Lacey 2/20 *FILLY 3/11* pics page 441
Twitch 4/15*COLT* 5/5 pics pg 477 video :

please remember, our barn our rules. we are there with every foaling and kidding, and we always help. if you dont like it remember you dont have to watch!
i will update as much as possible! happy staring!
we have a new cam link is http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=shadow
the
other program stopped working so we switched to a different program it must be used in IE (internet explorer NOT the 64 bit) fire fox wont support it...
our phone numbers are on the cam page if you think i need a calll

Twitch had a good day outside rubbing her rear LOL she was very happy to get back in the warm barn tho!! got a small amount of milk out of her tonite, it was semi sticky, and yellowish.
i wanted to add also that twitch is a hard keeper when preggers, so yes she is a bit thin, do not be alarmed, she is getting plenty of food, we just havent figured out the right combo of hay and grain to keep weight on her . she fattens up after foaling, but when she gets close, she looses a lot even tho we up her feed . she gets 10 lbs of hay 2x a day, and 5lbs of beetpulp and mare and foal grain twice a day. she is also wormed regular. we even had her teeth done last year thinking that would help. UGH lol
love these mares haha

Last edited:
Nice! I clicked on it and it seems she's interested in whatever is going on in the upper left hand corner...I'm guessing other animals? This will be neat to watch as I've never seen this before. Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
we prefer our mares to be 4 years old before we breed them. many people breed at 2 and 3 but i really like to be sure that they are matured enough to handle pregnancy and foaling.

i will be taking her out side here in an hour, so she will be out enjoying the snow!

My kids rush in everyday to check on her! They are so excited! They say "Mommy, we NEED to check on Lacey today!" Especially yesterday, my daughter remembered it was her due date!

Back
Top Bottom