the Will They Hatch? thread

SteveH

Songster
10 Years
Nov 10, 2009
West/Central IL
I'm setting 5 eggs left from a dozen that had 7 broken in shipping [ 3 of the 5 with detached air cells ] , and another 30 that are up to over two weeks old , with only around one in twenty fertile . If you're setting eggs with questionable viability , or just worried your's might not hatch , please join me .......................... I will appreciate the company .

44349_eggs_008.jpg

44349_eggs_010.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Steve

I won an auction for 16 bantam eggs that shipped this am. I should have them Monday. I would love to join you ( 1 day late).
smile.png

OH OH OH!!!!!

Good luck Steve!!!

I've got the first batch of eggs from my OE pen and polish pair ups in a brinsea now...but they're due in about a week... mebe I can get my cabinet bator finished Monday and join ya w/a test ride!

I forgot to mention , to make this set even more unusual , the freshest two going into my bator were found under a Splash Ameraucana roo that was sitting on one of his CX girlfriend's egg a couple of days ago and another tonight
lol.png

Quote:
gig.gif
Guess he was feelin maternal, and showin his feminine side
gig.gif

I really think he's just looking for a warm place to sleep ............................. but he is the first roo I've ever seen that rebuilds nests for his ladies whenever I add straw so ................................

I will join you! I set 7 BCM eggs yesterday. My rooster has 21 girls, and I'm not sure of the fertility rate. I made a 4-egg omelet this morning and I know at least 2 were fertile; a third broke the yolk and I couldn't tell, and the fourth was infertile. This is my first time with home-grown eggs, and the hen hasn't been laying very long. Plus, candling nice, dark BCM eggs is almost impossible, so this is going to be a crap shoot!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom