price of peacock egg??

julieschickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
rustburg va
what is a fair price for eggs from solid white peafowl?i have some if anyone is interested. i am not able to incubate them now because i will be traveling. thanks for any input or help.

I'd consider $5 an egg a reasonable to low price for peafowl eggs of most sorts. If they were eggs I really really wanted from a color or pattern I either knew was on the rarer side in general or rarer in my area at least, I'd pay up to ~$8-10 an egg. I think I paid about $7 an egg for my silver pied eggs and about 8.50 an egg for the pied spalding eggs (and that price includes shipping, so the eggs themselves were slightly less). Of course, I would expect to pay more for eggs from, say, a purebred java green or from (and I know it's impossible at the moment) a violeta pair.

For whites, I'd say probably $5 or $6 an egg would be fair.

Quote:
$7-8 an egg is cheap, common cost without shipping for IB on ebay is around $7-10. Some of the color/pattern eggs can run fairly decent $$ I've seen $40+ each egg and not including shipping for peach WE and 30+ for charcoal spaldings all on ebay. If you can get $5 eggs somewhere then get as many as you need right then.

I have read on many sites that shipped peafowl eggs have lower hatch rates than shipped chicken eggs, so I don't think I'd be spending $45 per egg unless maybe it could be guarnateed, that's a huge gamble right there.

When we had India Blues we sold 5 month old chicks for $15.00 ea, So many things can happen with younger chicks we always waited to sell until they were 5 to 6 months old.

Quote:
I would agree that it is way too risky at that price too, but I've seen it. I guess they might figure it as gambling b/c if they can get 1 of the special egg color/patterns to hatch and get it to a year old it will be worth more than the cost. By the time I spent that much per egg I'd wait and find a male yearling or breeder. Shipped eggs will for sure have a lower hatch rate than fresh eggs and peafowl are a little harder than chicken eggs to hatch % wise overall.

Hmmm I wish eggs were that cheap here. They are going for more then 50.00 an egg. Which I dont understand because yearlings are cheaper then an egg.
But that was an assortment of 20 diffrent eggs.

hi my name is Domenic i would love to have some peacocks how much for 10 eggs or if u have baby in my street there is one male all by him self i would love to have some mixed colours like white of pied

Back
Top Bottom