Help with my assortment :)

homemakerjulie

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
west central, MO
These are suppose to be easter eggers and Anconas, but I think both bins were just random chicks! Kind of fun to wonder what they are. Thanks if you can help, I do think some are easter eggers, but not sure about all.

Mostly all black, with a few white toes
50573_010.jpg

Colored like a barred chicken (we had Dominiques, and kind of resembles that)
50573_014.jpg

Feathered legs, but colored like the one above
50573_016.jpg

Puffy cheeks from the front first, and then the top
50573_019.jpg

50573_021.jpg

Puffy cheeks, but much lighter than the others, first from front, then the top
50573_024.jpg

50573_025.jpg

Puffy cheeks and different pattern, also seems older with the feathers growing, but it's the same size, front, and then top
50573_027.jpg

50573_028.jpg

Thank you again
smile.png

Thank you! Off to go see what those will look like grown, well, the sex links, the others I know, though easter eggers are always kind of fun, never really know what they'll look like!

Actually, I think the chipmunky colored one is an Old English Game. it has a distinctive eye marking plus that chipmunk colored back that would say it is probably so.

going to go check that out too, would the Old English Game have those little puffy cheeks? I'll have to check it out. I did look up the black sex links, and these chicks look just like that, I have one other black with a small dot on it's head, but I'm guessing it'll be a roo too. Thanks you all.

Just an update now that they are 21 weeks. The barred ones are all girls, kept waiting for boy signs and never came. The Cochin is also a girl and the chipmonky ones are EE's. I can't wait for the eggs!

I will try to get them tomorrow. There are three that were for sure Barred Rocks, got them from a different place and SAW the come out of the shipping box!, but the other two, that people thought were the sex link boys, they are darker, but just barely, so maybe just different lines of Barred Rocks? the barring isn't as clear on them either. I have been meaning to get a picture, just to compare, so now another reason!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom