Mutt Chickens

If the Goose Fits

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Northern Idaho
Let me state first that I unfortunately do not have any mutt chickens.
All my chickens are hatchery birds that may not be the best example of their breed, but they work for me, and I usually try to keep them within their "breed constraints".
But some people's mutt chickens are just adorable to me. I mean, some of the combinations people come up with are hilarious!
So I'm gonna try for some mutt chickens this year. Sure, I'm getting more hatchery birds, but the more chickens the merrier, right?
gig.gif

So I just wanted to see some pictures of other people's mutts, and hear any advice people have.
Now to just find an incubator.......
caf.gif

so far the funniest chicken i have seen that was a mutt is a silkie crossed with a serma......it was a minutare silkie...now a silkie is already small to begin with.. this thing was like 12 ounces....but it also had a serma comb and i think it had like easter egger in it because it laid a green/blue egg once in a while other wise it laid a creamish. This was my friends chicken and she had all silkies and 2 sermas but i have no clue where the green or blue eggs where from

Here is one of my best mutt chickens, she's the first one you see; the colorful one:

UffieandBlackGrouse.jpg

She's a Milly Fleur, Silky, Cochin, Seabrite...And I think that's all
smile.png

Uffie is just beautiful
big_smile.png

Just found another mutt chicken picture.

This is Grimmy:
100_3154.jpg

I don't quite remember what all she was, but I think she was...Milly Fleur, Blue Jap and either Black Old English or something similar, because her mother was a tiny all black chicken.
Anyway, I'm sure you can all see why I named her Grimmy, kind of looked wicked in her eyes, poor thing
tongue.png

They are all so pretty! I love the way the mutts look because they are so colourful and.... different!

I have a Frizzle rooster in with a Buttercup hen right now. Maybe I should try incubating that out.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom