1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mutt Chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by If the Goose Fits, May 8, 2011.

1. okieinalaska

okieinalaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I swapped a juicer that I had to someone the other day for some mixed pullets. One is a sussex/cochin cross (speckled body with buff neck and head) and is just adorable and another is a cochin/easter egger cross. She looks like a black cochin with muffs! I hope she lays blue eggs. We named them Buffy and Muffy (may turn to Muffin though)

I will try to take pics tomorrow of them.

2. ILoveChickies

ILoveChickies Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    I know, I wish we still had her mother so I could have more like that!

Quote:

3. ILoveChickies

May 1, 2011
    Thank you [​IMG]
    She's quite spoiled as-well, if I ever walk by her pen she is right at the door ready to get out and play =P

Quote:

4. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Here are my mutts! This is Stormy. I think he's a black minorca/ self blue booted bantam mix. He turned out really pretty!

[​IMG]

And this is Lightning. She's a buff minorca/ self blue booted bantam mix. She's very interesting because the front part of her body is blonde, And her back turns to gray/white. She's really funny and super soft!

[​IMG]

5. ILoveChickies

May 1, 2011
    Quote:Aww, what cuties! Just love your hen, she does look super-soft! [​IMG]

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    I'm planning next year to mix my Ameraucana roo with my BA's!!! yeah!

7. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Some people are put off by mixed breed chickens. I think it comes down to why you are keeping chickens. If someone is interested in breeding the birds, they will not let them mix.

But most people are like me, just interested in having some eggs for breakfast. And when those eggs hit the bacon grease, it doesn't matter how pretty or ugly the hen was.

Rufus

1 person likes this.
  8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Quote:TRUE

[​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Speckles and his girl, then baby pic - Bantam Crevacore X Bantam Dorking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sultan X Silkie Cross

[​IMG]

Mr. Barron - EE X GLW

I love mixes, they often have the best colors and personality as well as laying ability

10. lillie2202

lillie2202 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Quote:Do you know that mix she is?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by