Mutt Chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by If the Goose Fits, May 8, 2011.

1. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Let me state first that I unfortunately do not have any mutt chickens.
    All my chickens are hatchery birds that may not be the best example of their breed, but they work for me, and I usually try to keep them within their "breed constraints".
    But some people's mutt chickens are just adorable to me. I mean, some of the combinations people come up with are hilarious!
    So I'm gonna try for some mutt chickens this year. Sure, I'm getting more hatchery birds, but the more chickens the merrier, right? [​IMG]
    So I just wanted to see some pictures of other people's mutts, and hear any advice people have.
    Now to just find an incubator....... [​IMG]

2. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    here are 6 mutt EE chicks I hatched on Easter.

[​IMG]

3. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    so far the funniest chicken i have seen that was a mutt is a silkie crossed with a serma......it was a minutare silkie...now a silkie is already small to begin with.. this thing was like 12 ounces....but it also had a serma comb and i think it had like easter egger in it because it laid a green/blue egg once in a while other wise it laid a creamish. This was my friends chicken and she had all silkies and 2 sermas but i have no clue where the green or blue eggs where from

4. chicktrader

chicktrader Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2011
    Just had 8 mutt Chickens today mix of brauma , black giant and buff orr. LOL [​IMG]

5. ILoveChickies

ILoveChickies Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Here is one of my best mutt chickens, she's the first one you see; the colorful one:

[​IMG]

She's a Milly Fleur, Silky, Cochin, Seabrite...And I think that's all [​IMG]
    Uffie is just beautiful [​IMG]

6. ILoveChickies

ILoveChickies Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Just found another mutt chicken picture.

This is Grimmy:
    [​IMG]

I don't quite remember what all she was, but I think she was...Milly Fleur, Blue Jap and either Black Old English or something similar, because her mother was a tiny all black chicken.
    Anyway, I'm sure you can all see why I named her Grimmy, kind of looked wicked in her eyes, poor thing [​IMG]

7. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    They are all so pretty! I love the way the mutts look because they are so colourful and.... different!

I have a Frizzle rooster in with a Buttercup hen right now. Maybe I should try incubating that out. [​IMG]

8. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Wow...she is beautiful!
    Quote:

9. harmona1

harmona1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2010
    Indiana
    She's a beauty!!!

Quote:

10. harmona1

harmona1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2010
    Indiana
    I LOVE Grimmy! What a cool-looking chicken!

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by