The Lonely Hen --This is one of my chicken stories--

<3ChickenForever

Fire Is Catching
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
WI
This story was actually based off my hen. (I was kinda inspired to write this)

I hope you like it. (Oh and I will be writting this in chapters)

MY NEW BOOK IS OUT!!! GO CHECK IT OUT! (IN THE G,J,&F SECTION!)

link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7635816#p7635816

PLEASE READ BEFORE READING MY STORY!: This is my story and I claim it. This story is original writen by <3ChickenForever. No one may print this out! I have worked hard on this story to keep all of you entertained so PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES copy this story. Thank you!

Chapter 1

Life was good. I was only 25 weeks old but at least I was with the older ones so I'd feel older. I had really great friends too, Emma who was a polish, Ethel who was a beautiful, fluffy Buff Orphington, and Pepper who was a black cochin. Everything was so perfect! There were two beautiful roosters that did everything to protect all their ladies. Matt.. we called him Mattie sometimes. And there was... Jaz. He was the head rooster. No one ever messed with him.

It was bright early morning and I was pretty hungry. All my friends were asleep. Yes, I thought, I get the first bite. Well Mattie was always up early to eat because sometimes Jaz doesn't let him.
"Well hello there. You're up early," Mattie said.
"Yes, well. I was hungry...." I said shyly back to him.
"Is something bugging you, Hannah?" He said.
I said no and went to get a drink. Nothing was really troubling me. I was fine.
Mattie ignored that and just went on eating. Pepper came out of the hen house and Emma and Ethel flew down from their roosting spots. Finally they were up. The man was going to open the cage for us soon to free range like we always do everyday. We had this yard to ourselves all the time. It was so big. 3 ponds, 20 acres, good sand to dust bathe in. It was paradise! Me and Emma always walked together in the mornings. Me and her were the tightest. Something seemed wrong though. She barely talked this morning.
"Whats wrong, Emma?" I asked.
"Oh-what? Oh.... nothing...." She said.
"Come on Emz. I know something is wrong."
"Ok.... Just don't tell anyone alright?"
I nodded and she went on.
"I'm just tired of all of them making fun of my puffy head. I don't like being small. I'm just tired of this. I have grown to get used to it, but now it's bugging me more than ever. Jaz never even takes so much as a glance at me."
"Oh Emma." I wrapped my wing around her beautiful black and elagant feathers. "All your friends love you, you shold know that. Who cares about Jaz anyways."
"You're right Hannah. I'm just glad I got that off my chest!" She exclaimed.
We went back to the coop to get more water because it was a pretty hot day. Jaz was there with all his ladies. One of his ladies looked at us mean. Her name was Ally. She was the meanest of all of them. She ignored us, which was good and we just went on. I went in the coop to do my daily business and Emma just went out. When I was done I was trying to look for Emma but I couldn't find her. She always waited for me. She never went off. But then I realized all the hens and roosters were all up by the shed thing. I went up and asked all of them if they've seen Emma, but instead they said they saw a racoon. I was scared to death now. I was frantic! I raced down to the woods and I saw a horrifying seen!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks!!
smile.png

Chapter 2

I saw her... my best friend laying on the ground. She was still breathing but was beat up really bad.
"Emma! Emma! Are you aright!?" I screamed.
"I...-no. Go get the girl." She said.
Jaz went racing up to the front yard, he crowed to try to get the girls attention. So much was going on. I can't believe this happened! Jaz came back down with the girl. Wow, I didn't think he'd get her so fast. Once she say Emma, she screamed and took her away into the house. Tears rolled down my eyes. And I could have sworn I seen Jaz cry a bit too.
"Hannah? Are you alright? Do you need a hug?" Ethel said with sympthy.
I nodded. "She was my best friend. I don't think she'll make it. That scratch was really bad. At least that monster didn't take her away."
"Hey now, think positive." Ethel said, "To take your mind off this situation, how 'bout taking a walk around the pond?"
So we did, I coudn't take my mind off what happened to Emma. It has to be at least an hour since we've found her. My head was spinning and I did not feel to good, but I wanted to stay with Ethel. She was my second best friend. The roosters had huge crushes on her. She was so beautiful. We stopped by some rocks to relax a bit.
I stared straight ahead and my face was emtionless. I just let the tears come. Ethel comforted me with her long wing. She alo cried. And we just sat there, together, crying and hoping.

We were back in the coop and it was night time. I still havent seen Emma yet. But I was hoping for the best and just crawled up to my usual roosting spot and just slept, but not for long. Ethel was by me and she was sleeping very soundless. I coldn't think striaght. I was weeping by now, but I tried my hardest not to wake the others.
"Pssst," I jumped a little. It was Matt speaking, "Hannah, why don't you come down here and sit next to me?"
I did. "Mattie I'm glad your up, it gives me something to do. I hope she'll be alright."
"Trust me," He said. "She'll be just fine. The girl will take care of her."
I just snuggled with him and he wrapped his black wing around me. I felt really safe by his side. I wonder what will happen tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom