How's the cost of feed in your area?

Stellar

The Quail Lady
13 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
I just walked out of the feedstore with my gamebird starter. Last week one bag of 50 pounds was $16.50. Today I forked out my wallet $17.20 for 50 pounds. For me one bag lasts a day and a half. Thud!! And I don't just buy one bag of feed!

How are the prices in your area?

Prices are going up like everything else. I just paid $17.99 for a bag of Purina layer crumbles. The cheaper brand is around $14.99 for a 50 lb. bag.

Quote:
Oh my! A day and a half!
th.gif

Only having a few babies right now, I've been getting 5lb bags.
But was planning to hit the big feed store this weekend, to get large bags of everything! Less trips, save gas! LOL! (jeep only gets 10 to the gal. lol...)

I'll be back and post what I find.
I need finch , parakeet and chicken too.

I've heard prices are going up in the AZ. thread .

I still have finch seed to add in to the diet. Lots of babies so they need just the raw diet with the addition of the oyster shells.

I still see .99 auctions on eBay for eggs which drives me crazy. Either the sellers have not many birds or they collect 50+ eggs from 2 birds, how on earth can they pay for their needs???!!!! Whoosh!

15.59$ for layer pellets
18$ for crumbles:(

BUT if I buy 10 bags I get 10% off..have you asked your feed stores if they do a discount if you buy bulk? Thats one free bag if I buy 10...At least its something!

well a bag of gamebird starter is about $18 dollars here in Montana. I buy chicken pellets for about $15.

Back
Top Bottom