Kids Section

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
Sorry if this is a dumb idea, but I think it would be cool if BYC had a kid's forum. For people 18 and under. Of course it would have to be monitored a lot, but I think it would be nice. As many of you know there is getting to be TONS of Junior BYC Members. What if they could have a special spot to talk about 4-H and FFA projects and ideas, breeds they enjoy, cool coops, what they have done to improve their community, other animals, and everything fowl and not in a kids format? Is that to much to ask?

I think that would be a cool idea.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

That would be a great idea and there could be a mod to help out the questions and help along the conversation to keep it good.
smile.png
smile.png

Then instead of chatting online on bad websites, they could be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif

Then they could hatch eggs and raise chicks and keep there attentions on somthing so great!!

smile.png
smile.png

Lets do it Nifty!!!

I think this is a great idea too. My oldest son (12) has been wanting to join, but he mostly wants to talk to other chicken loving kids and not all of us adults. I was going to suggest this as well. This is a site all of us parents already trust and know the mods are doing great jobs, so I, and I think most, would be more comfortable with our kids chatting here. Hope its under consideration!

This is my own personal view and not that of the BYC staff.

I don't think it is a good idea because if you have the kids all in one section, it would be so very easy for an internet predator to weasel his or her way in, gain trust and take advantage. I think keeping the board as a family, everyone fits in and blends in.

While the staff prides itself on keeping BYC family friendly, as a parent, as you know, it is never wise to trust anything completely and we need to be sure to supervise our kids on the internet as everywhere else that might pose a possible threat.

If your son joins, GwenFarms, send a note to a mod and we will keep tabs on his safety here.
smile.png

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for the suggestion and idea! We've had a lot of conversations publicly and in our staff section about this idea over the years.

As I mentioned in another thread the potential cons outweigh the potential pros. We want everyone, old and young, to interact together and have fun while keeping chickens at the center of our forum's identity. We probably won't ever have an "adults only" section or a "kids only" section. That said, there are plenty of topics / threads that lend themselves to older or younger crowds which is fine.

In general, we're focusing on bringing people from all walks of life, ages, geographies, etc. together. This strategy has worked REALLY well for our community and our beloved chickens!

Back
Top Bottom