Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleChicken

Rest in Peace 1970-2018
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Iceland
PP & I are going to be splitting an order of meat birds. We were discussing
it on another thread. I thought I'd start a new thread to ask for anyone's input.

PP, being the chicken addict she is, wants to recieve the chicks the week of 7/7.
That works ok for me as I'm always excited about new birds.

I still wanna try the Freedom Ranger breeding stock available at
http://www.jmhatchery.com but the soonest he can ship is 3 weeks.
His birds are $1.75 including shipping (Qty of 50)

Meyers, my prefered hatchery, has birds available the week of 7/14.
They are $.86 plus shipping.

Mcmurray has them available the week of 7/14 and charges $1.50 per bird.

Moyers has them for $1.09 plus shipping but won't have any until August.

I called each hatchery to verify availability.

Any suggestions???

Last edited:
Thanks Blue. They have them available for shipment on 7/16.

PP they have Geese too.

Iowa isn't too bad for shipping either. Hmmmm

I think you can go under 50 with JM.

I recommend the RedBro broilers over any other broiler available to us on the market. They are simply awesome birds.

Quote:
I don't mind waiting an extra few weeks for a slightly smaller bird. He seemed like a
nice guy when I called and said he had just set eggs for the hatch in 3 weeks.
50 isn't too many considering we are splitting the order and I think there will be
a few people who want any extras. Let's see what my partner in crime PP has to say
about it. Thanks for your recomendation. Your posts are where I learned about them.

Heck maybe we'll order 100.
smile.png

I'm doing my first batch of 100 coming in July (he's doing a mixed lot of all the different colors for me).

When I started with broilers I only did 25 at a time while I was learning. I then went to 50 without too many hiccups. I just hope the jump to 100 doesn't make things exponentially more difficult.

PC and PP,
Good luck on the meat birds! I would love to get in on the ordering (I'm thinking 5 birds LOL) But no new birdies for me until the chicken tracker is free. Maybe next time?
Let us know how they taste!

PC, my P.O. is really good with getting birds, I haven't recieved a dead one yet, and since we order all the time, they pretty much know the routine, they keep them in a heated room just for us, while the other P.O. workers make a fuss over them
tongue.png
But I don't mind waiting an extra week if we have to, but I think the sooner the better so we can process them in October-ish. I'm sure I can make moodusnewchick take a few, you know how evil I am
tongue.png
Haven't checked out the other hatcheries but I am now. I'll let you know.

Quote:
Glad you chimed in. I was wondering where you were.

For me right now it's a tossup between Meyers(Like them, they are close, and they
have geese) and the Red Bros(Freedom Rangers). How daring are you? Wanna
do both? We would get them in staggered deliveries and have 2 processing parties,
one in september and one in october.

Gotta run out to Costco.. Be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom