Sausage Gravy for Bees and Gees.

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
Anyone have a good recipe? We are wanting biscuits and gravy for dinner and don't want to go out.

Is the gravy simple as adding water and flour to the drippings?

here you go...it's a no-fail super yum recipe...edited to add: can be halved.

Sausage Gravy

1 lb ground sausage
1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. AP flour
6 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp each salt & pepper
1/4 tsp italian seasoning (optional)

1. Brown sausage in skillet. Reserve 2 TBLS of drippings & leave sausage crumbles in skillet. Add butter to drippings and heat over low until butter is melted.

2. Add flour & stir until smooth with whisk. Cook for 1-3 minutes while stirring constantly.

3. Gradually add milk. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.

4. Stir in seasonings and then chow down!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
for those looking at the thread and needing a biscuit recipe also...

Buttermilk Biscuits

2 C. Sifted AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 level tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 TBL lard (or butter for the faint of heart, but lard makes fluffy biscuits)
3/4 C. buttermilk
1 TBL white sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 450* F.

1. Sift salt, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together. Stir with hand. Cut in lard until the mixture is crumbly.

2. Make well in center, add buttermilk. Stir until it forms a dough, then knead on a floured surface lightly. (i keep my dough sticky, not as dry as normally called for. it keeps the biscuits moist)

3. Roll or pat out 1/4" thick, then fold in thirds. Cut out biscuits with a floured cutter and place on cookie sheet. Let set for about 5 minutes. (They will rise and be flaky this way.) Brush tops with buttermilk for a glossy finish, or leave dry for a crisper finish.

4. Bake approx. 12 minutes at 450*. (that said, i don't ever time mine. i know they are done buy the scent and color, so feel your way.)

Oooh sounds great!
I will make half a recipe though.

I am practicing on my baking powder biscuits, so if they don't turn out just right (again
tongue.png
) the gravy will hide it.
gig.gif

Quote:
like they wont get eaten!
lol.png
i'm sure they will be fantastic!

(you can use a whole pound of sausage and still half the other ingredients if you need the meat for a family size dinner.)

Back
Top Bottom