Emergency! Cookie Recipe needed!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
My kids want cookies for school tomorrow.

I am tired of the same old cookies - chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and peanutbutter.

I need a great cookie that doesn't require a lot of specialty ingredients.

And I need it in the next hour please.

Ready, set ... GO!

Gimme the cookies!

my other submission contains oatmeal, but different than the 'same old same old'. i get lots of requests for these after they are tried.

Cocoa Oatmeal Bars
Makes about 3 doz, depending on how you cut them

3/4 C. butter, softened
1 C. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 C. AP flour
2 TBLS. cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 C. water
2 C. rolled oats
1 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

Preheat oven to 375*
Lightly grease a 9 X 9 pan.

In large bowl, cream butter w/ sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, beat until light.

Combine cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Blend it into the creamed mixture alternating with water.

Stir in oats and chocolate chunks/chips. Spread into pan.

Bake 25-30 minutes, until center is just firming up. Let cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 2 X 1 inch bars.

Quote:
i still like you! i don't either, but people always ask for them. i don't like dry cookies. bring on the good stuff!
lol.png

How 'bout the old stand by quick and easy.......and one of my favorites
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

* 2 cups sugar
* 4 tablespoons cocoa
* 1 stick butter
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 cup peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon vanilla
* 3 cups oatmeal
* Waxed paper

Directions

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.

okay, here is a dolled up chocolate chipper that you could omit the chips and do nuts instead. they are very good, very fast and easy breezy. you can substitute any flavor of pudding and they are super soft and chewy.

INGREDIENTS

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Here's the recipe for Monster Cookies

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup softened butter
6 eggs
2 T vanilla
2 T light corn syrup
4 tsp. baking soda
3 cups peanut butter
9 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup M&M's

Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in corn syrup, baking soda, and peanut butter/ Add oatmeal, chips, and M&M's. Mix well. Bake at 350 until lightly browned. Makes about 60 large cookies.

Back
Top Bottom