Micro Farm Coop Worklog [UPDATE: SHINGLES ON - PAGE 27]

Cheep a'lil Talk a'lil :

would that be like a swing for the chickens then?

Kind of... I actually want to make a swing in the run for them..
wink.png

This however, has standoffs that rest against the wall once in position to keep it from swinging.

I'll post some pictures of it later on today after the second coat is on.​

not the best pic, the net was sagging. but of course the swings are in there to support the net. but they do get on the swings alot. I guess its because its the only roosting spot available. when they hop up on it, it does move and they just sit and swing

the coop is pretty much done. It is a little over 12x10 with a dividing run of 9x4. edited to add: We have now moved the divider into the center of the coop so they have equal spaces of 6x10. They have the fenced backyard to roam in and the netting run is just my goofing off for now, and keeping the bo roosters and their hen separate from the younger ones.

21969_dscn8791.jpg

Last edited:
DarkWolf, the coop looks great so far. I LIKE your color choice--"aged" grey. MOST of my property is white, black and grey/slate accents. The only brightly painted object(s) is and will be my coops. But, we live near a college town, so no one sees anything wrong with identifying with the University colors.

The grey kinda reminds one of the Edwardian Era.

bythebye, when it showered all day Monday, MY two dogs spent the day outside gardening, and everyone thought that they smelled great after they had dried off. Yesterday, they came in smelling like grass.

Here are some pictures of the new roost setup. They seem to really enjoy it, but were all down eating when I took the pics.. Darn them.

I've got some adjusting to do, but at 6am, this was good enough for me.. I hate mornings, but a rooster in the house who practices his crowing is an awful good motivator.

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

Also came to find out that my Golden Polish had a sex change while I was not paying attention.. Either that or she was happy enough to crow, several times, while sitting on the new perch? Considering she gives the rooster so much trouble.. I'd say she be a he.
tongue.png

Pics of her and the rooster are in the What breed or gender section, just to get verification..
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom